53

"I surrender who I've been for who you are." ~ Turning Page [Sleeping At Last]

It was quite a shock when Jungkook told the gang.

There was a mixture of responses: happy, upset, confused. He understood them all, but asked them to understand his position as well. The title would be passed onto Namjoon, and the dimple cheeked boy was surprised at that. He felt honored, thanking Jungkook a million times, but the ravenette just told him he deserved it.

It was hard to break out of his gang habits, even harder not to go out and kill every rapist and pedophile he saw on the news each morning. But he knew Namjoon would take care of it. The new gang leader and him kept close tabs with one another, and the friends were still obviously close with each other even if they weren't in the same line of work anymore.

What was even worse was the nightmares Jungkook would get, waking up and grabbing the gun hidden underneath his pillow. Everything he locked away for so many years had been resurfacing.

Rosie and Jungkook had been staying at each other's places more often now, with Rosie mainy crashing at his place. Rosie was there for those nights when Jungkook bursted into tears and held his gun at the wall like someone was there, and Jungkook was there for the nights Rosie screamed and spasmed like she was being hit repeatedly.

They were both helping each other heal; both showing their wounds and letting the other stitch it up with care.

"Do you love me?" Jungkook asked through trembling lips, his eyes watery.

He was having a particularly rough night, and he was snuggled against Rosie's chest as she cradled his head. Her heartbeat provided a nice lullaby against his ear and her thumb was soothing across his tear-stained cheeks softly, making him feel safe in her hold.

"I love you more than I can describe," she reassures him, swallowing the lump in her throat. "I love you so much."

Jungkook didn't doubt her love, but on nights like these, he felt vulnerable. He needed her to just hold him and tell him she loved him and that everything would be okay. And she always did, and it always made him feel better.

5 YEARS LATER

Rosie's heels echoed against the floor as she entered the grand building, catching the attention of the people on the ground floor. She felt her cheeks warm slightly at the attention but continued walking towards the shocked receptionist, folding her sunglasses and putting them into her coat pocket as she smiled kindly.

"M-mrs. Jeon," the receptionist says nervously, audibly gulping.

Rosie finds herself laughing softly at the name. Jungkook had ordered everyone in the building to address her as that and only that, and she found it both cute and amusing.

"How are you, Aria?" Rosie asks, giggling when the receptionist continued to stare up at her in awe. "I'm gonna go now. It was nice seeing you again."

"Y-yeah," Aria says weakly, watching her disappear into the elevator.

Rosie found it somewhat strange how everyone always seemed so surprised when she went to visit Jungkook. Like she was some celebrity that had entered the building.

"Hey, Minnie," she grins as she walks past the personal secretary desk, the now raven-haired calling a greeting back.

Jimin had followed Jungkook to his work field and left his gang days behind him, preferring to socialize and plan in a more safe environment. There were still those days when he missed running the streets, but he still got to work with his friend and Jungkook paid him generously, so he couldn't really complain.