41

"Please hold on to my anxious heart." ~ so let's love [DAY6]

Rosie turns the page of her book and stares at the words before shutting it with a sigh. She hadn't done much since the phone call, as her body shut down in exhaustion from her panic attack, so she's been spending the majority of yesterday and today in bed.

Jungkook hadn't shown up either, which had her mood dropping. She hoped he would at least visit today, as she was feeling a lot better despite some fatigue.

"Knock, knock," Taehyung sings, pushing open the door with his shoulder as a warm bowl of soup occupied his hands.

"Thank you, Taehyungie," she says quietly, sitting up against the headboard before taking the bowl from his hands.

The elder sighs as his phone buzzes multiple times, reaching into his pocket to silence it. Rosie had noticed that his phone had been blowing up a lot the past two days, and every time it did he would ignore it.

"Do you need to go?" she asks, bringing the spoon up to her lips to cool off the broth. "It's okay if you do. I feel a lot better today."

"I'm not going anywhere," he reassures her, shaking his head. "Not until I have to, at least. Do you need anything while I'm up here?"

Jungkook, she wanted to say, but she shook her head and stayed quiet.

An urgent knock suddenly landed against their front door and Taehyung groaned, telling her that he would go get it. She continued eating her soup and looked out her window, unaware of the guest racing up to her room.

"Hey, pretty girl."

Rosie's head whipped in his direction and a cute gasp parted her lips as she saw Jungkook leaning against her door frame with a small smile. She was quick to set the soup on her nightstand and try to fix her hair, her cheeks burning in embarrassment.

Jungkook closes the door behind him before walking towards her, sitting on the mattress and reaching over to grab her abandoned soup. He held a spoonful up to her mouth and her lips hesitantly parted, allowing him to place it in her mouth.

"I'm sorry," she suddenly whispers, and Jungkook's hand halted with the next spoonful.

"Why?"

"For panicking and not being able to tell Taehyung that I wanted you there with me," she says, swallowing the lump in her throat. "I wanted to text you too, but he took my phone away after I told him something on it triggered me."

"Rosie," he sighs, gripping her chin in his fingers. "You have nothing to be sorry for. You were scared and your brother handled it really well. I'm sorry for not visiting you yesterday by the way. I had something to take care of."

"It's okay," she shrugs, smiling weakly.

"I'm here to take care of you now," Jungkook says sincerely, tucking a strand behind her ear. "Okay? I'm not going anywhere."

"Really?" she asks, the excitement clear in her voice.

Jungkook nods, giving her a small smile before holding another spoonful to her mouth. He continued to feed her until she pushed his hand away with a frown, wanting him to cuddle her instead.

"Can we watch a movie on your phone?" she asks, hugging his middle as he crawled underneath the covers.

"Sure," he laughs, handing over his phone without hesitation.

When she had picked a movie and the couple had cuddled close, Jungkook closed his eyes and breathed in her scent. He felt like he was running out of time; like it was sand slipping between his fingers no matter how tight he tried to hold on.

"I missed you," he whispers against her hair.

Rosie looks at him and beams innocently, hugging his hand to her chest.

"I missed you more."

Rosie hadn't even made it halfway through the movie before she fell asleep holding onto Jungkook like he might leave, and the action sent a painful clench to his heart. He figured he should sleep too, but he didn't want to. Even as his body screamed at him to let it rest, he spent his time studying every feature of her face, sometimes letting his fingers trace her skin as gently as he could.

The ravenette ran his thumb across her cheekbone and frowned. He didn't want to think about Friday. He didn't want to think about their time running short. He just wanted to relax with her in his hold, where he knew no one would touch her.

So that's what he did, and he found his eyelids growing heavier until he was snoring loudly, falling fast asleep right next to his girl.