3.2

" Dakota Salvatore

" Dakota Salvatore.
A pleasure, beautiful. "
+

  Dakota Salvatore could feel her hands trembling. Cold, nimble, fingers shaking lightly against her side, indicating the fear of the unknown. She didn't know. She didn't know what to expect as she trekked through the woods, leaves crunching roughly under her weight as she searches for her brother who is surely up to no good.

  She feels her brain tingling with power, cells trying to clump together to form an image of what her baby brother was doing. The middle Salvatore catches only glimpses of the adventure, a simple scrappy screen cap of nothing but static with a hint of Stefan's sullen voice. It worries her. Dakota remembers hating her powers, those vivid illustrations of someone else's thoughts and memories deemed as a curse from an unknown power who spat on her vampirism; making her a witch. But, now, as she strains her mind to try and conjure up some sort of clear picture, she wants to hurl.

  It wasn't long before she smells her, the scent of a doppelgänger extra sweet; almost too tempting to resist a small drink, a delicious whiff Dakota has had to train herself to disdain. Now, as she approaches the timid little human, all she can see is another regular girl. "Elena?"

  The brunette whips around, doe browns wide with surprise as she meets the Salvatore sister. Her thin brows lower, lips downturning slightly as if questioning the whereabouts of Dakota and why she wasn't trying to console her rabid mate. "Dakota... hey."

  Dakota peers around, studying her surroundings. They stand deep in the center of the woods, thick brush and trees shading the area in a suffocating, humid air. The midday shadows cast an eerie darkness around the two, creeping black that sent an unsettling chill down the immortal's spine; a warning that this area wasn't meant for her to be in. The blue eyed vampire barely notices the gaping hole embedded in the rock before them, an echoing opening that drips of cave water, insects and spirits alike infecting its whole in a nauseating entrance. The raven haired girl turns to her friend, "I assume you weren't out here for an afternoon hike."

Before Elena could conjure up a stuttered response as to why she has put herself in yet another unpredictable situation, a voice interrupts them. A hardened tone that couldn't be misplaced, "no. She's not." Stefan Salvatore emerges from the cave's entrance, light eyes darting between the two women he loves for very different reasons, "what are you two doing here. Especially you, Elena."

  "Followed your little twisted thoughts. Mind you, by the way, are becoming more fuzzy by the day. Have you been working with Bon Bon and her mama?" A pointed stare shoots his way, "because, if you are, smart.... But, not cool. I don't know what's going on without your inhumane little thoughts, Stefan."

  Stefan hums, seeming unfazed by his sister's admittance of her blatant stalking, "not that it's any of your business, no I haven't. Maybe you're just losing your touch because you're weak. Or maybe your witchy brain is all fogged up with the big bad wolf. Ever thought of that before you go snooping around my brain?" He scoffs at her silence, "course not." A pause. "Why are you here, Elena?"