0.6

" God, you're killing me! " +

+

  Damon Salvatore walks hesitantly through the woods, still shaken up by an encounter with a rabid hybrid as he tries to make his way back to Elena and Alaric as they were separated during the attack.

  The Salvatore then hears a sound, his stance becoming rigid as he notices Ray in his human form staggering over his way, looking rather disheveled. Damon curses, knowing he'd have to muster all the fighting strength he had left to fend off this hybrid who wouldn't seem to want to die. They struggle, each landing good blows, before a strange shift in the air had Damon momentarily falter.

  As Ray went to lunge, a hand plunges through his chest; the man collapsing to the floor in a battered heap as Stefan stands tall, dropping the organ to the floor. The older Salvatore peers up, his baby blues wide, as he speaks, "Fancy meeting you here."

  "What part of "don't follow me anymore" got lost in translation, Damon? You got Dakota involved and now she's Klaus's little play mate."

  Damon groans, running a hand over his face, "this wasn't supposed to happen at all."

  "Then why'd you let it?"

  "Might want to take it up with your girlfriend. You don't want her or Dakota chasing you, I'd stop with the late-night phone calls." Damon retorts.

  "I didn't call her."

  "Sure you did." He pauses, glancing at his brother, "they're not gonna give up on you. Dakota will die before she lets anything happen to you, Stefan. Is that really what you want?"

  "You shouldn't have brought her back, Damon. It's a mistake bringing another ripper to Mystic Falls. She's Klaus's now, brother.. you've already killed her."

  Before the younger Salvatore could walk away, Damon grips his shoulder, "wait-" he pauses, shaking his head angrily, "just don't.. don't let her die. She's here for you, Stefan. She loves you."

  It was if that simple mention of his sister's affection towards him had chipped away the slightest piece of his demeanor, the green eyed man's gaze falling to his shoes as his waterline spring the slightest leak. Damon smirks subtly, patting his shoulder as a thank you before speeding away.

  Her heart aches, the blood running to her organ seeming to be filled with battery acid as every beat felt as if it were fire filling her ribcage, spreading down her fingertips until the stinging reached her toes.

  Whether it be from the vervain or the fact that her twin brother hadn't found her yet, she didn't know. What she actually knew was the fact that the demonic hybrid was mere inches from her, silently watching his gruesome creations slowly come back in a state of pure insanity.