0.2

" leave now before klaus comes back to finish what he's started "+

comes back to finish
what he's started "
+

  After the incident back in Tennessee, Dakota had grown more and more curious as to what her younger brother's gruesome tactics meant. Of course she knew his humanity switch is turned off, what little bit of Stefan's bubbly, caring personality completely obliterated by this overwhelming lust for human blood, but she wanted to know why. Damon hasn't quite explained to her why exactly he had turned it off in the first place.

"You're telling me he just.. switched it off? Like that?" Dakota wonders, wary of her brother's lack of explanation.

"Yes, Dakota, that's what I said the last ten times you've asked me." Her brother retorts, earning him an annoyed eye roll from his twin.

"That just.. that doesn't sound like Stefan to me. He loves his humanity, Damon! Our sweet, human-loving little brother." She sighs, her fingers massaging her temples as she felt the stress headache settling in already.

"Well, ever since Elena and him called it-"

"There it is again!" She interrupts, her eyes narrowing in suspicion at the mention of the girl yet again.

"What?" Questions her brother.

"Who is this Elena girl I've heard so much about in the past hour, hm? I've been gone for five years, Damon. I know nothing of you and Stefan's new chew toys." The blue eyes girl responds.

"Oh.. right-" he sighs, his shoulders slumping slightly as if he's annoyed of explaining this story over and over again, "Elena Gilbert. Human doppelgänger of Katherine. And.. Stefan's ex-girlfriend. She's annoyingly stubborn and would stop at nothing to make sure you've heard her point.. that girl can blabber on for hours about absolutely nothing."

Dakota almost chokes on her saliva, a sense of dread spreading across her chest as her brother's words sink into her jumbled brain, "no shit? That.. human is related to Katherine? Katherine Pierce? Katerina Petrova?"

"I think I made that very clear, sister."

"And you've let her into your lives?" She cries, her face contorting to a look of incredulity, "has she brought any danger to this family? What about Katherine? Any signs of her?"

"Not anymore." Damon grumbles, making a turn into the dreary town of Mystic Falls.

"Anymore?" Dakota's eyes grow wide, her mouth agape, "she was here?"

"A couple of months ago, yes." Damon starts, "but all thanks to a sacrificial ritual and a very notorious Bennett witch, that manipulative bitch should be all the way in Mexico by now." Dakota hadn't realized her brother had stopped the car, too occupied with her screaming thoughts, until Damon turns to her with his infamous smirk. "Welcome home, sister."