2.6

" And why would you help me? " +

+

  The blue eyed girl rushes out of the room that had occupied herself and her mate only moments prior, pushing through the crowds of horny teens who didn't know the difference between left and right judging from their stumbling steps and slurring tones. She soon finds Bonnie, her eyes desperate as she ushers her to a quiet room. "Bonnie, I need to tell you something."

  "I know." The darker skinned witch replies softly, a small smile upturning her lips as she grasps her hands.

  Dakota's features falter, her eyebrows furrowing, "you-you do?"

  "Damon gave me the whole run down... don't worry, only I know." The brunette replies, her tone holding sympathy as her heart aches for the dilemma-bound girl.

  "So, you'll help me? I-I can't let him die, Bon, I can't. I love him." She cries, her grasp shaking in Bonnie's.

  "Hey, hey, listen to me. I know, Dakota, I know-" the Bennett witch then places her palms flat against her blushed cheeks, amusingly comforting her in a loving grasp, before the Salvatore slowly falls unconscious in Bonnie's arms. "I'm sorry, Kota."

  Matt sets Dakota's body gently onto Tyler's bed where a vervained Caroline also rests, courtesy of the newborn hybrid who's sire overtook his common sense. The hybrid stares at the lifeless Salvatore and peers over at his friend, "what happened to her?"

  "Bonnie put her to sleep, just so she wouldn't interfere with the plan." Answers the human.

  "Fine. But I need you to get them out of here as fast as possible." Retorts Tyler urgently.

  "What's going on?" Questions Matt.

The raven haired boy sighs, "Something's going down against Klaus and this house is full of hybrids like me that can't let anything happen to him."

  "What do you mean can't?" Stresses the blond human.

  "I can't explain it. I can't fight against it. I just know that I need to protect him no matter who gets in my way." Tyler explains solemnly.

  "By attacking Caroline?"

  "I'm protecting her, Matt! This is the only way to keep her safe. Please. Just get her and Dakota out of here safely. Get everyone out." With that, the hybrid leaves the room and downstairs, running into the eldest Salvatore in the process. Damon grabs him and throws him into an unoccupied room:
"As the host you should know these hybrids don't make the best first impression."

  "Whatever move you're making, Klaus is gonna be ready for you. He'll kill anyone at this party if he has to." Tyler shoots back.

  "Tell someone who cares." The blue eyed man then lunges after the hybrid teen, the both fighting ruthlessly, with Damon about to stake the helpless newborn before a sudden shockwave of pain envelopes both their heads; immediately putting this petty battle to a halt. Bonnie walks in, her eyes narrowed, as the boys falter to the ground, sighing as their flaming brains immediately extinguished.