0.1

" god, you're handsome " +

+

Dakota remained quiet the whole ride back to Virginia, her throat dry with the lack of blood as she tried to restrain herself from jumping from the car to feast on a group of college kids who stumbled drunk along the highway with their thumbs stuck out in order to receive a sketchy pick up.

"You doing okay?" Damon asks, glancing at his sister quickly.

"Yeah." She murmurs, resting her cheek against the cool glass, closing her eyes. Her craving for blood was becoming unbearable. "Just... thirsty."

"Here-" The blue eyed man retrieves a warm blood bag from the middle console, tossing it in his sibling's lap, "drink up, it's from this morning."

Shooting Damon a grateful smile, she immediately rips open the tab and downs the soothing liquid like she hadn't eaten in days. She couldn't tell whether it was her racing nerves or the fact that she was now entering the place where she killed off half of the population, but everything seemed to go in slow motion; the familiar grove of trees and cluster of small shops and restaurants seeming to taunt her in a sense that she wanted to rip off her daylight ring and burn up in her brother's junker car.

Dakota sucks in yet another breath, steadying her shaking hands, before letting herself fall vulnerable to the nostalgia that the crowded streets brought. Damon then took a left, detouring them away from the main town and onto the road that was unfamiliar to the girl. Furrowing her brows, she turns to her brother, "this isn't the way to the house?"

"It's because we're not going there... yet." He explains minimally, "Don't worry about it."

"How can I not worry about it?" Dakota retorts, watching as Virginia zooms out of sight. "Where are we going, Damon?"

The two siblings pull into an unfamiliar driveway, the house with its white exterior and oldish furnishing somewhat appalling. Damon sets his withering car in park before undoing his seatbelt and getting out of the vehicle without any explanation. Dakota gingerly follows, dozens of questions floating in her mind as her brother approaches another car where a tall, bearded man with handsome features emerges from the front seat.

"This her?" The mystery man asks, gesturing towards the girl.

"Yes." Damon replies just as his cell phone rings, his eyes fleeing towards the bright screen but immediately shutting off the tone and shoving it back in his pocket.

"Elena?" The man questions, earning him a face from Damon, "I don't know why you just don't come clean and tell her where we are."