3.3

" This is for our mother

" This is for our mother. "
+

  The tension in the room is thick. Brotherly animosity stiffening each's shoulders, builds intensely flexed as neither side of the family trusted their own. The text from Bonnie that read she needs more stalling time in order to try and break open the coffin only lead to more tension on the eldest Salvatore. He wants it to be over. All of it.

"Well, I guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus, is to drive a wedge between me and my brother." Stefan speaks up as the hybrid carelessly throws a servant girl to the floor after cleaning her veins. "And to hide your true, animalistic side from your naive girlfriend. Tell me, Klaus, how would Dakota feel if she saw you delving into another woman like they're going extinct."

Klaus's smirk loosens slightly before stomping the head of the dead meal, "no woman will ever catch my attention other than your sister. But, that isn't the case for the Salvatore brothers, is it, mate? you're doing that well enough on your own. Because of Elena, you're gonna lose your brother and you'll only have yourself to blame."

The two older brothers enter the room with Damon turning towards the hybrid, "What do you say, Klaus? It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter."

Klaus sighs, "Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one?"

Damon scoffs with a raise of his brow, "Matt Donovan? Really?"

"Yeah, why not?" Klaus's lips upturn, obviously amused with his mind games, "They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."

"And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids, right Klaus?" Stefan adds gruffly, "it seems your priorities are set. Should I let Dakota know of this...plan of yours?"

The hybrid's lips downturn sourly, teeth gritting with frustration; wanting to keep his composure, but his temper scratches at the surface of his fake good-guy persona. He wants to rip Stefan's head off for speaking so foully of his intentions. He wants nothing more than to take Dakota and run far away. He clears his throat, though, and dismisses the Salvatore's empty threats, "Consider it a small return on my investment in her well-being. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. You know it's what's best for her." He approaches Stefan. "So, what do you say Stefan, hmm? Do we have a deal?"

The two men face each other, Klaus sticking his arm out for a deal-sealing handshake to which Stefan takes. "Nice try, Klaus. But no deal."
Upon this bitter response, Klaus breaks Stefan's arm. He kicks his leg and breaks it as well. He pushes Stefan's hand into the fireplace, pained screams filling
the room as his flesh begins to char. Damon attempts to rush over to him, but Elijah intercepts him and pushes him against a wall.