2.0

" you have nothing to worry about, love, everything will be fine

  " you have nothing
to worry about, love,
everything will be fine ."
+

  Dakota awakes to the blaring beeping of an alarm buzzing in her eardrums. She groans, nudging the human beside her and kicking against her backside in order for the Gilbert to shut that annoying ring off.

  "I'm up, I'm up-" murmurs the tired human, reaching over and slamming her fist down on the clock to silence the noise, "I didn't let you sleep in my bed just for you to assault me."

  "Remind me why you're waking me up at this ungodly hour?" Grumbles the Salvatore, groaning as she clears the sleep from her eyes and reads the early morning numbers on the screen.

  "You're going to help me train." Retorts Elena, tying her long hair up, "and Damon thought it'd be a distraction... for, you know, your pain."

  At the mere allusion to her mate, Dakota's chest begins to sting, her body suddenly enveloped in a wave of aching agony that weighed her limbs down heavily. It had been a little over three days since the sudden disappearance of Klaus and even though she thought the distance would weaken the bond, severing it until she not longer felt the pull, her assumptions were far from correct. It took a huge toll on both her physical and mental health, the girl's power seeming to fade as the thoughts of the humans around here came through crackly and soft; almost like bad reception. Her body felt as if it were hit by a truck, sweat constantly glistening off of her porcelain features, and not to mention the constant need for Klaus; for his hold, his voice, his reassurance. The bond was screaming at her for not being around her mate, repaying her reluctance with a sickly feeling that she only hoped Klaus also felt. If she were going to suffer, she wished her dammed mate would too.

  The middle Salvatore's lips upturn slightly, "I'm okay, Elena, really."

  The human sighs, throwing a pair of workout clothing the raven haired girl's way, "you don't have to lie to me, Dakota. I think we're close enough to share what we're feeling."

  Dakota scrunches her nose, her face distasteful at the thought of becoming vulnerable to another person, "me? Feelings? Sharing? No thanks."

  Elena chuckles, shaking her head, "sooner or later you'll open up to me, I know it."

  "You'll be the first to know once the fifty foot concrete walls built up around my brain are broken down-" the blue eyed girl lets out a breathy giggle, shimmying into the long sleeve shirt and leggings her human friend provided before cocking her head to the door, "let's get this started, Gilbert. I don't got all morning."

After waving goodbye to a hungover Alaric who had been Dakota's drunken roommate for the past three days, the duo make their way to a secluded part of the woods where the Salvatore had set up a practice dummy the night prior.

  They began with basic warmups, the vampire laughing at Elena's weak attempts at punches, which resulted in the human to cry out and nurse her bruised knuckles in agony. So, Dakota soon switches over to defense, retrieving a contraption that Alaric had whipped up from his years of hunting blood suckers. "So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes."