2.7

" Hello, my love

" Hello, my love. "
+

  Dakota's hands remain tight on the steering wheel, knuckles white and shaking with adrenaline. Her mind races with each mile she's away, heart and body aching, begging her to crawl back into the lap of her mate and sit there until she felt whole again.

But, she wouldn't do that.

The night of the party had been a blur, hits and snippets bright and clear but the main details were fuzzy, too distorted to piece together. She'd only gotten the bare minimum of details, the ones that made her jaw clench. Her brother had tried to kill Klaus. The mere thought of Damon's betrayal left a lingering stinging in the depths of her chest, pointy stingers scraping against her vital organ every so often, reminding her of the fact that her twin cared more about a puny human that her.

Of course she didn't blame Elena; if it weren't for her brothers blatant love towards her, the need for a human such as herself, she wouldn't be in this situation. Her mate wouldn't be out for blood, to devour every inch of her soul until a lifeless corpse of her friend is left displayed at the Salvatore house for her brothers to suffer.

That's why she left.

She continues down the gravel path, mind a mess, before turning down the familiar street. With fingers tapping against the wheel, her body remaining in a state of unease, Dakota pulls into the driveway of a grand-looking house. She glances down at the poorly written address, courtesy of a naive newborn who's scared of his own shadow, nodding with approval as the numbers on the door matched perfectly with the scribble.

Dakota's shoes crunch the fallen leaves as she gingerly makes her way up towards the sturdy oak, stature stiff and neck high, trying to give off the fact that she's strong despite her clammy palms and legs that tremor with each step. With a shaky breath and a hard swallow, her knuckles rap against the hard wood. She doesn't remember the last time she'd stepped foot in this city, let alone on this property. She had laid low for the past couple of days, staying in hotels all along the Virginian border, until one night a beckoning thought came into play; urging her to travel to the next state over to get some answers. She needs answers. Whether they'd be vague or in great depth, she didn't care. Dakota needs to put her mind at ease before she decides the only option is removing her daylight ring and working on her tan.

"Who is it?" A sudden sweet voice interrupts Dakota from her morbid thinking. She clears her throat, shifting uncomfortably,
"Prim Rose, is your mommy home?"

A pause. Another nervous gulp. "Prim?"

The lock suddenly shifts, a clicking noise as an indicator, the knob turning slowly, tauntingly. A pair of green eyes peers through the measly crack, large and probing, always seeming to see right through you; soaking in every depth and inch of your life, judging you, disapproving in you. Dakota shivers, chest tightening in longing, nostalgia surging through every part of her body, bring a sense of warmth.
"Hyacinth."