3.1

" darling, what a pleasant surprise

" darling, what a pleasant surprise. "
+

  "I'm gone for what.. a day? and everything's gone to shit?" Dakota places her keys down onto the mantle, letting her bag fall to the ground as she stares menacingly at her brothers. "Just got off the phone with Klaus... what'd you two dimwits do to upset him this time?"

"Ah, Dakota, what a pleasant surprise. Have a fun time with your little witch friend while I saved the day?" Damon retorts, sipping from a glass of bourbon.

She scoffs, "saved the day? You just poked the sleeping bear. And you-" she points at her younger brother, "why can't you two just get along? It's exhausting having to play mommy between two grown men."

"I never asked for your help." Stefan states.

"Yeah, well, who's going to do it if it's not me? Damon?" The blue eyed girl pours herself a glass of the hard liquor, already feeling the need to tear someone's head off, "why did you have to take his damn coffins, D? Why can't you just play nice for once?"

"Because I'm not a nice person." He grumbles, "besides, he doesn't deserve to have his family. You know, destroying ours and all."

  The Salvatore sister scoffs, retorting with a pointed stare. "What's so important about his family anyways?"

"Don't know." Murmurs Damon truthfully, "but, whatever it is must be damn important for your mate to be throwing a huge hissy fit over."

"Where are they?"

A subtle scoff escapes the youngest Salvatore's lips, shaking his head, "why? So you could go crying wolf to your big bad hybrid? Please, Dakota, you're involving yourself in things that should be left alone."

A thick silence hung over the three siblings, the girl nodding her head with a slight hum. Then, with a pace as quick as lighting, she kicks at the wooden coffee table set beside her, the wood splintering in a sharpened point; and with malice embedded in her actions, sticks the makeshift stake into her youngest brother's chest. Stefan cries out, blood pooling around the wound as he clutches the affected area in anguish. "You don't get to tell me what to do, baby brother." Another hard twist to the weapon had Stefan collapsing to his knees; she eyes her twin who watches his two siblings fight in amusement. "I'm going to go see Klaus and try to fix this mess. You two behave while I'm gone."

Her heart flutters as she steps foot onto the driveway of Klaus's stolen mansion, bond surging with delight at her heart thanks her for visiting with its other half. Dakota wastes no time in knocking at the door, foot tapping impatiently as she waits for her mate to open the door; another second longer and she would've kicked in its hinges, a temper that Salvatore girl has.

  The girl's blinding feelings work meticulously against her heart strings, cold fingers of harsh love fiddling them in a melodious tune that could only be heard between the two staring at each other. Klaus, who's obviously been under intense amounts of displeasure, smirks at the sight of Dakota, dull blues awakening in a vibrant chartreuse as he tries to keep his wolf under control. Her scent is driving him mad.