3.4

"my  beautiful little vampire

"my beautiful little vampire."
+

Cold. The numbness of freezing temperatures settle icily throughout Dakota, settling unwelcome in the depths of her stomach. A chill ran up her back, icing over her veins, stiffening her spine. She looks up in disgust.

"You didn't have to shackle me down." Vervain tears through her sullen wrists, coating
the surface area with with its menacing burn and leaking through her skin with a poisoning ache. "I would've kept my cool."

"Would you have, Dakota?" Elijah shoots back calmly, watching her intently. "You broke Kol's finger, how naughty of you. What makes us so sure you wouldn't resort to our necks?"

Dakota blows out a breath, leaning back in the chair with a pursed lip, "well, you're not wrong."

"I'm okay, baby, please settle yourself or your pain will only worsen." Klaus speaks up, watching his mate longingly. He wants nothing more than to scoop her up, coddle her, then drive as far away from here as possible. His heart aches for her as hers did his. The bond snaps and whines, begging for the duo to be in each other's arms again.

"I'm sorry Nik is keeping you in this shit hole, love." Rebekah retorts before tossing a vase at a painting.

"I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could all call home. A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again." Explains the hybrid.

"Well you're right, none of us will be." Elijah replies

"You're staying behind." Finn adds.

Dakota perches a brow, glancing between the siblings questioning their feud before the blonde original speaks her anger, "We're leaving you, Nik. Right after I kill that doppelgänger wench, then you will be alone. Always and forever."

"You what?!" Splutters Dakota, the pain of the vervain long forgotten as she struggles against the searing metal, jerking and fighting. She yelps, the feeling of the poison tearing away her smooth skin, obliterating it to raw redness. "You wouldn't dare."

"Dakota, my love, Rebekah knows that if they run I'll hunt them down. They have no chance." Klaus's lips downturn into a grimace, eyes ablaze with anger.

"Then you'll become everything you hate." The dark eyed Mikaelson pauses, glancing over at the struggling Salvatore, "Our father."

The hybrid, growing rabid, yells fiercely, "I'm the hybrid! I can't be killed! I have nothing to fear from any of you."

Elijah, cruel eyes black as night, gazes at the defenseless Salvatore; she meets his gaze. It's almost as if her eyes cut him open, a surgeon with a scalpel perforating each layer of skin, slicing ever so slightly, meticulously separating each boundary. Dakota's brain fills with images, flashbacks of a happy family only fulfilled by one's parental love. It reaches into her heart, every lullaby and every bedtime story the children couldn't sleep without, squeezing it until it pops, spewing its contents out with a harsh gasp. She's read right through him, every single bit. "It can't be."