2.1

" Hard to believe you two are twins, then

     " Hard to believe
you two are
twins, then."
+

  Dakota's snores soon turn to a gasp, the girl jolting awake at the sound of her cell phone blaring an obnoxious ring tone. She grimaces, holding her head at the slight pounding in her skull, before raising the unknown number to her ear, "hello?"

  "Ah, I was wondering when you'd pick up." At the devious tone, words slipping passed her lips so effortlessly, Dakota already felt the need to subdue herself to another hour of drinking. "How's my darling Dakota doing this fine afternoon, hm?"

  "Oh fuck you, Katherine." Spits the younger twin, rolling her eyes.

  "Ouch, harsh much? Is that any way to talk to your twin's new partner in crime?" The evil doppelgänger chuckles maliciously? "But, seriously, how are you doing? With, you know, your soulmate disappearing and all without you."

  "What do you want?" Dakota deadpans, obviously not buying her act.

  "Oh-" Katherine starts, dangling a dead mouse over Mikael's corpse in order to wake him, "just wanted to make sure you're all up to date with the plan. You know, because we have to kill the man you're destined to be with."

  Dakota's face instantly drops, a sudden rush of heat spreading throughout her body at the brunette's words. "You're lying."

  "Am I?" The woman chuckles darkly, "how about you ask your sexy big brother about it. I'm sure Damon would love to keep you informed."

  "Katherine-"

  "Sorry, babe, I've got a vampire hunter to wake up before your handsome boyfriend comes back to town. Bye now."
And before Dakota could voice her distress, the line went dead, leaving the girl in stunned silence.

  An interaction with Stefan at Mystic Falls High had Elena shaking, pacing back and forth in front of Alaric as the man sighs, "What the hell is he doing here?"

  "Klaus compelled him to watch over Dakota and me. Apparently I'm one of Klaus's assets now that my blood is the only way to create a hybrid." Elena replies stressfully.

  The older man raises a brow, "Now he's a bodyguard?"

  " I don't know what he is. But he's definitely not Stefan." Murmurs the human just as the bell rings, "Look, his being here is not good for any of us. We have to do something."

  "Where's Dakota?" Questions Alaric lowly, "surely she's Klaus's top priority."

  Elena shrugs as the students enter, the girl taking her seat between a boy and Caroline, the newly-turned hybrid Tyler not too far behind, nervously. The human lets out a breath as Stefan approaches the trio, glaring at the boy beside Elena who instantly gets up and allows the cocky man to take his place. He turns to his ex with a faux smile, "hey, you!"