1.6

" so get it over with

" so get it over with. kill me. "
+

Dakota knew what was going to happen the minute the truck drove through the city line. She was able to use the literal vulnerability in their bond to soak up some information from Klaus' roaring thoughts that were almost too messy for her to keep track of.

He knew everything; the secrets they've been hiding, the dangerous news that Elena is still indeed alive. But, Klaus hadn't done anything about it yet, he represses his anger to a mere violent thought of ripping the human girl's head off. It made Dakota angry, that yet again her thoughts could be presumed correct that Klaus was only in it to make a hybrid army and this whole "mate" thing was a fake to toy with her emotions so she'd help him rule the soldiers.

She wouldn't let him get away with it so easily, though. Dakota was adamant on saving the girl of whom both her and her brothers care for deeply. So, she pondered and she planned; her palms clammy and her heart pounding as the nerves finally set it: she'd abandon her mate just to save someone she's known for less than a month. But, that'd always be the downfall of Dakota; she has a huge heart, one that couldn't stand the innocent being affected by her family's dumb choices.

As Stefan remains unconscious and the two Mikaelsons drive upfront, the girl discreetly pries open a window, careful to not allow its hinges to squeak and give away her secretive mission. Dakota, with her teeth clamped down on her lower lip and a regretful grimace, as the speed bump approaches, she hops out of the truck; skillfully landing on her feet before dashing into the trees, her eyes never leaving the truck as it zooms away cluelessly, the two siblings having no idea that they were down a Salvatore.

And then she ran.. like hell.

Dakota didn't know how long she had been on her feet, the only sign being her aching soles and the uncontrollable thirst for type o-positive. As much as she wanted to give up, she still kept at it, darting and weaving, ignoring the pangs in her chest as she draws further away from her mate. But, she could care less; even after everything they confessed to each other, was vulnerable with their feelings, he was still the same narcissistic bastard who would definitely kill her if it came down to it. The older Salvatore wouldn't let that happen.

She recalls from the bits and snippets of Klaus' thoughts that he was on his way to a high school. Where? She didn't know, but Dakota remembers Elena talking about a Mystic Falls High right off the corner of Nottingham Street, so that's exactly where she was headed. After living here for so long, despite their modern makeover, she could remember the streets like the back of her hand; so, Dakota ended up at the high school in a matter of minutes. The girl strains, trying her best to collect any human thoughts that could be swarming in the closed high school.

And as she hears Elena's voice followed by others she couldn't put a face to, she smiles victoriously, darting into the unlocked school that wreaked of teenage hormones and the depressed stench of failing grades. Dakota roams the halls gingerly, searching for the brunette doppelgänger as she calls out her name. She curses at empty classrooms and bathroom stalls, wondering how the hell high schools have gotten so large and complicated; like a maze for teenagers. Time was getting low and so was Dakota's patience, and she begins to doubt her powers before she bursts through the last set of double doors, the girl screaming as loud bangs are set off almost immediately.