0.8

" she's telepathic, you idiot " +

+

The bar was lively, a soothing voice lulling the costumers as they swayed drunkenly with hammered partners who were too hazed to understand the concept of personal space.

Across the dance floor, Rebekah Mikaelson watches on as the Salvatore siblings enjoy their night with their companions over shots of whiskey. Dakota downs a glass of tequila, flirtatiously chasing it down with a lime she sucked from a human man's teeth.

The original soon joined in on their fun, a smile on her face as she scoots between the siblings, "Sorry to crash the fun, boys.. and girl, but some of us actually came here to hear the music. Not you."

"I am so sorry, sweetheart. Are we offending you?" Stefan retorts, earning him a laugh from his drunken sister and their friends.

Rebekah, touching his face, smirks, "It would take a lot more than a baby face like this to offend me." She turns to Dakota, "your gorgeous sister on the other hand.. maybe, but you're more my brother's type.. not mine."

The blonde is about to take off when the younger Salvatore grasps her attention once again, "Ahem. Hey, hey. You ever going to tell me your name?"

"Sure. When you earn it. Now do Gloria a favor and stick a sock in it." Rebekah answers sassily, wagging her fingers slightly at the older sibling before swaying away back to her dancing partner.

"Why does she do that?" Klaus ponders, watching on carefully as Dakota zones in on the people who sit wasted on the curb.

Her eyes, almost like a doctor's tweezers probing around inside of you during surgery, stared deeply at her victims; soaking up the littlest thoughts, plans, ideas she could get. Her mind was always a mix of words, almost always not her own. Her ability was something that came along with vampirism, something that was so rare that there was only one other vampire in the universe that carried her same gene. And she's dead now.
Dakota chose not to share her gift, for safety issues of course, the only people who knowing are her brothers who helped her cope with the burning thoughts that branded her brain in an agonizing wave.

So, with each chance she got, she pokes around in other people's minds; only when she deemed it necessary or when she was completely bored. Now, with the new environment and the creepy feeling crawling up her throat, she felt the need to probe around each time a new person came in sight.

Stefan watches his sister, shaking his head, "she's being a nosy little brat. Try not to stare at her directly in the eyes, she'll invade your brain until you have a migraine."

"And what do you mean by that?" Klaus murmurs quizzically.

"She's telepathic, you idiot." The younger Salvatore retorts, shaking his head.

The hybrid's eyebrows furrow, "impossible. It's impossible for a vampire to obtain any sort of power."

"Obviously not. She's had it ever since she turned." Stefan pauses as his sister snaps back to reality, turning to the boys expectantly, "you didn't hear it from me. She hates talking about it, thinks it makes her a witch."