1.4

A/N: I'm having a cover contest for this book! If you're interested in earning a shoutout and a follow, feel free to make a cover and submit it through email or social media, whatever works for you! Dm me on here if you need my info!

" so klaus mikaelson,
don't break my heart. "
+

The Lockwood Mansion is filled to the brim with founding families and their plus ones who tag along to get a feel of the rich life and have a taste of expensive champagne all the while snacking on pastries from countries they've never even heard of. Elena and Caroline are sitting apart from everyone on a bench, soon being joined by Bonnie with a grimoire.

"I have an identification spell that might be able to tell me what magic affected the necklace." The Bennett witch explains as her friend hands her the necklace. "It's going to take a while, so tell me if anyone's coming, okay?"

The blonde vampire then turns to Elena, her thin brows perched in wonder as she speaks, "So you're not, like, switching Salvatores, are you?"

"What?"

"Caroline.." Bonnie scolds, knowing where Caroline's prissy attitude is going to take her.

"Stay focused." The newborn nods, taking a breath before continuing her interrogation, "As your friend who worries for you daily, what is the deal with you and Damon?"

Elena sighs, shaking her head with a shrug, "There is no deal. He's been just as focused on finding Stefan and saving Dakota as I have."

"Yeah, but that doesn't make him any less Damon." Starts the perky blonde, "If my own father, who I love dearly, can't change me. No one's changing Damon. Not his twin sister who doesn't seem to be doing much anyway, not even you."

"Look, why are we even talking about this-"

"Hey, guys-" Bonnie interrupts her friends' short bicker by pointing out the levitating necklace in front of them.

"What are you doing?"asks Caroline.

"I'm not doing anything. It has its own magic."

In a warehouse back in Chicago, Dakota watches on in disgust as her mate and her brother devour an innocent woman, their blood lust doing the talking as all they thought about was their next meal. It didn't matter who or what, they needed to feed. And that disgusted the older Salvatore. She wasn't jealous of that woman of course, Klaus only using her for his meal, but what really set off her gag reflexes is the fact that he doesn't care. He doesn't care that he's feasting from a human body right in front of her eyes. So, why would he care about her? Was this all one big act to try and get information on Damon or a whole plot to use her to make hybrids somehow.

These thoughts claw at the back of her mind as she sits and thinks, Rebekah not too far as she watches on bored.

"My girl's dead. I'm bored." The original sister complains.