chapter 40 (What did I miss?)

Anna's prov

"Why didn't you let me show Alex that where does he stand. Seriously I mean...I hate that guy." Kate whispered while Claire was writing something on the board.

"Well...I'll tell you that but first accept that you slept that night when I called you" I replied whispering

"What...? What does it have to do with me sleeping? " she asked confused

"Sshh....this has soo much to do with that. Now admit it Kate." I stated flatly

"Huh...fine I am sorry I slept that night you called.  Now will you please tell me what's going on? " she asked me desperately in a low voice

"Not now...it's a long story. I'll tell you afterwards." I told her.

We both didn't talk much in that class. The bell rang and that's when Kate dragged me out of our class.

"Now...What did I miss?" She asked folding her hands.

"I told you earlier that Jake saved me from Alex who's a player.....Umm, but he's not."

"Woah...okay so you think Alex is the 'Good guy' now and who says it his best friend 'The Jerk'...I don't get this at all Anna what the hell is going on. I was okay with you liking that Jerk but..." I stopped her and said

"You know it's going to take long for you to understand. We have another class, let's get in there. We can talk about this later." I finished with a sigh.

"Now..I don't even wanna know." She said that furiously and walked for the next class.

She's mad...I'll  have tell her everything when I get home, for now I need to find Jake. I looked around and thankfully he's not in the class. I called out his name and he responded.

"Hey Ann, what's the matter you look tensed?" Jake inquired

"KATE.....she doesn't know about anything. The last thing she knows that Alex is a player whom you saved me from and I like you . " I told him quickly

He took a minute to understand the the situation but the only thing he focused was

"What..? You like me? Why would she think that ? Wait....you are saying that she knows that you like me....?" He was fixated on this when the second bell rang signalling that we both are late for our classes.

We all have same classes...we got inside and asked our ways in.....we sat together and then I continued and filled him about why Kate thinks that I like him.

Oh.....god it's so complicated..... he was shocked first but then he told me something that was unbelievable and unexpected.

Then I mirrored his reaction. I was utterly shocked.

_______________________________________

Jake's prov

"Anna there is something you should know too. From the day I looked at Kate I had a huge attraction towards her...I wanted to know her but then I ended up with lots of misunderstandings. When I saw her with John I felt jealous and I had never felt that way for anyone. I am sure that I like her way too much." I finished and waited for Anna to react but she stood there awestruck....

so I continued...

"I don't know what she feels, she's always nice and caring to everyone....she's just Kate I mean you understand what I mean right? Look it's too much to take in but don't tell her Ann, we should talk to each other before doing anything.......Ann please say something! " I pleaded her to speak

"Oh...Okay! Jake.....well stay the hell away from my best friend. " she showed her possessive side.

"I am not asking much Ann....all I want that don't tell her about this. Please....?" I pulled out the puppy face thing and I guess that worked.

"Okay...I won't tell her now but you make any move on her and I'll spill it out right there."  She warned me while she looked confused too.

"Why not? You don't think that she'll be happy with me?" I was curious, this is not what I expected......I mean it's not that every girl dies for me but still no one ever had any problem with me. I have a pretty good image everywhere.

"It's not you.....it's just that she's Kate and I will always look out for her, that's all."

Anna replied dully. She doesn't know what to think right now,  I can tell as she's spacing out in class.

I dropped the topic for now and concentrated on the class, though I wasn't able to. After it felt like century the bell rang and I realised what freedom feels like while moving out of this boring lecture.

"Hey Ann....when are you deciding on telling her everything? " I asked outside the classroom.

"Tonight. maybe." She shrugged

"Okay. He knows it too....? Now seriously. WHAT. DID. I. MISS? " Kate was looking between us...I have never seen her this tensed.

She stressed on every word, if she didn't get her answer right now, then I am afraid someone's going to get in trouble.

I chuckled and left because if I will stand here.... then I'm going to spill everything before Anna does...