CHAPTER 35 (Dude you like her...)

Jake's prov

"So feelings....?"

I took a deep breath before replying

" You don't have to worry about anything I don't like her."

John rolled his eyes "Okay then.....you think she's going to say yes?"

That was Confusing "What do you mean by that? For what?"

The next words said by him  almost gave me a heart attack...!

"I am going to ask her for marrying me."

He has to be kidding me "What the hell John you can't just ask her that...! she's 18 and you just met her, listen yourself you're stupid or what? Just.....I don't know okay....do whatever you want...!"

I yelled at him.

Then headed to my room. I have no idea what's going on, I just couldn't do anything about it....whatever it is I am just freaking out pacing in my room like nothing can stop me. This is not me the way I've been, what the hell is wrong...I don't even know what to think anymore.

"Dude you like her..." John whispered....I closed my eyes shut he knows me too well and I just want to dissappear, can't loose him again over a girl....

" Jake....after the day we talked our way out of that stupid stuff....I noticed how much you regretted everything you've ever done to her....guilt was clearly plastered on your face. I was suspicious about your behaviour around her but when I saw the way you reacted right now confirmed that you like her......turn around and face it....Now"

I slowly turned around...

"I liked her from the moment I laid my eyes on her but then you know the rest of the story....look bro you don't have to worry about me...she's all yours."

I faked a smile which was a dumb move that's why John started laughing

"Oh my god.....You're so girly and going to be all sacrificing but to be clear.... me and Kate....Ummm it's never gonna happen I was just pulling your leg"

He was telling the truth I can tell by looking at him...I glared at him

"Just shut the hell up okay and you better don't do it again or I'll kill you" he just smiled and continued..

"When I met her it felt like actually someone cares about me even though we were stranger's, she was different actually she was simple.....not at all complicated.  I thought she liked me and that's why she's helping me so I snapped at her."  He took a pause smiling then continued 

"she told me she wanted to help me like a friend or a sister..... so when I said I love her it was more like brother sister love" he winked at me.

"Ahemm..... she's not off limits..right?"

I asked him scratching back of my neck....I am nervous it's first time when a girl is running inside my mind for days.

"Yup...! Right." John told me.

"I asked her out tonight....but don't know what would I do......I wanna be her friend." I said truly

"Woah.....asking her out was cool man but believe me you don't wanna be her friend......she's a girl dude, you enter in her 'friend zone'and you'll be just  friends forever" John warned me

"Then? What should I do ? I can't be her friend also I can't stay away from her." I frowned

"Chill baby bro just act normal and avoid talking much about you, she is actually very reserved so rather than telling her about you......ask her about her life, show her that she can open up with you okay"He explained

I nodded then he left so that I can get ready....I have so many thoughts running in my mind that it's hard for me to not do anything stupid, I stood up and searched my wardrobe three times before picking up my clothes. Yes! I am acting like a total freak but can't help when it's about her.....suddenly John's words crossed my mind....

'DUDE YOU LIKE HER....'

And my stupid mind stupidly let out next words along with a smirk

"Ya...I do like her"