chapter 18 (A NEW FRIEND)

Kate's prov

I am sitting at the café right now for that guy to show up but it's almost an hour and now I feel like loosing hope. I have never waited for anyone but this guy is different when I saw him yesterday I felt like helping him, he was in pain and "I don't know what I am doing here but I wanted to be here for..... I don't know I should go" he started walking towards door so I grabbed his wrist and made him sit with me. " I almost thought that you were not coming" I sighed " I can't do this I just got dumped and you are here  drooling over me.... Do you have feelings or not? Yesterday I made a mistake letting you know everything about me and" he yelled but I cutted him off " Drooling.....??What the hell? Are you mad or something ? I mean, can't someone just help you without any reason?you know what..? Forget it." I looked at him in disbelief and stood up so that I can leave but he grabbed my wrist and spun me around "I din't mean it like that..... it's just I have this mood swings all the time and you are the only person who seems to care about me but..... I can't date anyone, its impossible." He said it all in one breath and left me shocked. DATE? DID he just thought it as a Date? he is good but I never thought of him like that...what should I do now? " I just wanted to help you like a friend or a sister but never like.....Ummm...you know.....?" He looked at me shocked and blinked for so many times before saying " Are you for real? No one thought of me like that , ya I have brother but I never had a sister or a friend......Thanks, that's all I can say" I smiled and asked him "No friends....? Now it's my turn to ask... are YOU for real?" He smiled and shuffled my hair a little bit and let out a sigh before replying "My brother was my everything, I never had toys even though my father was rich I din't needed any, my toy, my friend, my family and my life, it was all my brother before I knew that he cheated." I grabbed his hand and gave him a reassuring look, then he continued "I am so damaged. It's been a month and no one even bothered asking me anything. I am so tired of being the one nobody cares about , that even if someone  actually cares, I shove them away." While he finished his eyes were watery, he took deep breaths so that he doesn't cry but still tears escaped from his eyes. "That explains the yelling" I said to lessen the tension that was forming, he smiled a little bit "I am John by the way." And then we did a firm handshake "I am kate. The one who cares alot and about everyone. it's nice to know your name friend." I winked and he just smiled dryly but I am sure, soon I'll make this guy.....who he was.