chapter 44 (What's with you..?)

Kate's prov

I locked the door leaning against it slightly... ...managing my heartbeats, which are thumping so loud that I can hear it clearly. I may act normal but damn......today when he asked me on a date....that gave me a mini heart attack.

*phone ringing*

I saw an unknown number on the screen and answered immediately

"Hello....?"

"Hey" he replied and I'm sure he's still outside my door.

"I just called to ask.....that....how are you?"

"Jake....I'm pretty sure you're standing outside and I'm doing exactly as I was doing 30 secs before." I chuckled on the phone.

"Well...it felt like 30 minutes to me and hey I'm not outside your house." He explained.

I swung the door open and yes....he was not there I went outside to see his car because I didn't hear him drive away.....but he left I guess. I walked inside and locked the soor again.

"Kate...?"

"Yes...?"

"You don't trust me.....do you?"

"Why..?"

"Because you just checked if I'm outside or not."

"No....I didn't. I just locked my bedroom maybe that's why you thought..."

"You're lying " he interrupted before I could complete my sentence.

"Okay...yes I did because I was so sure didn't leave but then you did." Disappointment filled my voice.

"Umm....I didn't leave you know. You are right.....but I'm not outside of your house because I'm in your house"

"WHATTT....???" I spuned around so quickly and saw him leaning against the wall smirking at me with his phone.

"Hey babe...missed me..?" He winked at me

I was so shocked....no words came out....I blinked for like a fifty times and then dragged him in my bedroom without a word. I closed the door behind me and took him to the window.

"Jump" I whisper yelled at him

"What?" He was looking at me for any evidence that I'm kidding but no....no...no...no...he has to jump off my window and leave before anyone knows.

"Jump out of the window and don't make any noise okay." I ordered him

" I'd rather jump on your bed sweetie than jumping off your window by breaking all my bones without making any noise" he said in a duh tone and walked past me towards my bed.

"No....no....noooooo....noooo Jake this isn't college okay....this is my house....umm...get out" I half yelled at him but he placed his hand on my mouth for stopping me.

"Shh.....Kate don't panic....I'll leave but calm down....no one's gonna find out unless you stop shouting. No one saw me coming here....I'll leave just calm down and breathe." He looked into my eyes calming me down and removed his hand slowly.

"Okay." I nodded

"I'm sorry......I didn't wanted to freak you out. It's just.....that......umm anyways...I'll just leave." He apologise and turned around.

"Wait" I grabbed his hand

"What.....it's just..? Why you're here?" I asked him. He was still facing the other direction....he slowly turnrd around and more like whispered in a very low tone "it's just I didn't wanted to leave. I wanted to spend some time though....but it's cool...for now I'll just leave. "