chapter 41 (Oh..my..god..!!)

Kate's prov

I am in Anna's  house she brought me here to fill in with everything that's going on. I am the only one who doesn't know stuff.

"Okay.....now I'll tell you everything.....like every single thing, but you need to shut up and listen to me. No comments in between okay?" She explained me or maybe warned me

"Okay." I agreed simply

"Alex....After that costume party we kinda had crush on each other and as you know Jake is his best friend, Alex told him everything.  Jake started talking to me so that he can find out what I feel about Alex, we got along and it was all easy till.... one night Alex called me with wierd voices like a moster was going to die or he has seen a very big foot of a man...you know like he was scared and very.....Umm wierd? I don't know but it wasn't Alex type. I was worried so,  I tried having conversation with him but then Jake swooped in telling me that he'll call me and there's nothing to worry about. "

She took a breath in and continued.....

"Next day Jake told me that he wants to meet up, I was at a coffee House so he joined me there. He told me that Alex is a hardcore drinker and after drinking, usually he cannot keep his hands off girls. He told me that Alex likes me but it's impossible for him to be loyal or committed.  I was in denial of my feelings towards Alex but Jake was somehow sure that i had some. He told me to stay away from Alex because Alex is crazy about me and it might be a problem for both of us. He knew I wouldn't want a guy like that in my life and Alex couldn't let me go, So only way around was that I should avoid him.....and believe me I did my best, I started hanging out with Jake most of the time, that's when I thought that maybe I like Jake but the reason I was talking to Jake was that I wanted to know more and more about Alex.

Argh....! It's so complicated. Then I left town for a while because of both family issues and Alex. There I realised that Alex is actually important to me more than any guy has ever been. I had so many messages and missed calls from Alex but Jake didn't let me talk to him. He called again and this time I couldn't stop myself from answering....I needed to hear his voice so I answered.

'I knew you will pick up this time ' I was shocked and annoyed when Jake was on the other side .

'Why are you calling from his phone?' I asked him

'Because he's not allowed to use his cell phone in between his therapy' he said calmy"

I was confused but then jake explained me that Alex was at his worse when I started avoiding him so......in order to become 'THE PERFECT GUY' he started taking therapy so he can rehabilitate from his stupid Alcohol problem."

She didn't finish but I stopped her because I was too curious and I quickly asked her

"So....? Are you two together now?"

"No....What? How can I be together with someone and not tell you? Just listen first okay ?" She half yelled at me

I nodded and she continues......"Then.....Jake told me Alex will feel really motivated if I will talk to him.......So I did and now we're friends again." She completed shrugging but that's not possible, her face is not showing that they're JUST FRIENDS.

"So.....? You don't like him anymore right?" I asked her very seriously and I know she's going to lie about it......but I'll get it out of her.

"Nope. Not anymore,  we're friends"  she shrugged again.

Oh....she's lying, I know when she lies. I smiled and started a acting like the most innocent girl in this world and said...."Oh...that's great because I always liked Alex way too much but you see I was afraid that you might not like that. Now everything is fine, you know I'll ask him out. "  I looked her face which went from grinn to a scroll. 

That made me laugh.......well then she understood I was kidding and we both laughed.

Huh......life's seems soo funny when you have a best friend messed up as Anna :)

________________________________________________

We both talked about everything then I suggested that Anna and Alex should join me and Jake tonight at whichever restaurant we'll be going at......she liked the idea and Alex was in too. I still don't have jerks contact number so I thought he'll know when we'll go there, although he's not really a jerk may be sometimes but not always.

I called John to check if he's sober or not.  Thankfully he was, he said he's friends with some new girl in his office which is kinda special for him. I am happy for him though, also he started going to office again.

Anna called Jake and asked the restaurant which is on today's list.......he told her the place and they talked something I didn't quite understood.

We both got ready...Alex picked us up and now we're here in front of Jake who's looking good.......yeah....he's good looking I knew that but this much.....WOW.

I smiled waving at him to come and join us......he was across the road, he came jogging into our direction but stopped few steps before when he saw Anna and Alex. This is not what I expected....he was supposed to be excited or surprised but not shocked and confused.

"You two are here?" He asked them.......maybe not.....I don't exactly know he's looking at me but the question is for them.

"Yeah......I am glad you recognised us.." Alex replied teasing

"Ya very funny........now let's get inside if you are done being funny?" He replied, that was rude but it's Jake....soo we all nodded and got inside.

It's the most beautiful and the biggest restaurant of all. We got into our seats.......I was looking forward to sit beside Ann but Alex kinda cleared his throat so I took it as a singnal and sat beside Jake, which is not bad because he's nice, just rude and arrogant sometimes but nice. He looked at me for a second then diverted his attention towards menu, we ordered but Jake didn't. He says he's not feeling like eating right now which is unbelievable, Alex says that he's the biggest foodie of all.

"Hey....! What's wrong" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Nothing." He replied without giving me a glance.

"Something is" I stated flatly

"Nope" he popped the P...huh!..something is wrong.

"Come on....you know you can tell me." I said innocently.

"There's nothing to tell"

"Jake. Come on what's wrong? " I asked hoping he'd give in this time.

" Nothing" he repeated

"Ohh....okay I get it, who am I for you to tell. Fine then I won't ask anything personal again." I said looking down like I'm sad, which was totally working.

"No. I....... I didn't meant to upset you Kate. Let's talk about it later. Okay?" He looked deeply in my eyes raising his eyebrows for an answer

"Okay." I said and looked away. The way he looks at me is so intense and deep it's difficult to have a conversation with him that time.

"So....? Would you guys mind if we took off early...?" Alex asked us

"Why.....?" 

"Not at all"

We both replied at the same time.....I was confused when Jake didn't ask the reason and Alex just smiled.

They are planning something but what...?

"Jake do you what's going on?" I learned towards him amd whispered in his ear.

"Oh....my....god..!!" He closed his eyes uttering this.