chapter 28 ( Trust )

Kate's prov

I said my goodbyes to Zach beaming like it's the best day of my life, but it isn't, I have lunch with the jerk in an hour. I got home....... got ready..like really got ready. I am well dressed, I also brushed my hair properly, wearing flats instead of wearing sneakers. I took full twenty two minutes to get ready, the maximum time I have ever took on getting ready. I walked downstairs towards my parents room and knocked "Mum... can I come in?" I asked "of course......" she replied immediately. I opened the door and saw my parents deciding about business but stopped when I came in the view. They both looked at me in amusement and I just smiled. "Did you hit your head or something? " dad asked me while raising his eyebrows. "No, why.....?" I said in confusion. Mom started chuckling and soon dad joined her. Ohh.... now I get it... he was making fun of me..duhh!! Kate. I pouted "come sit here kate and tell us everything going on with your life. It's been a long time you shared anything."  I agreed to mom and sat besides her. I told her everything including Jake being jerk, Anna leaving, coffee with Zach....... in short every single detail. Mom was listening very carefully...While dad was just chuckling and threw sarcastic comments the whole time......finally when I was finished he said in a serious tone "Look kate, Jake might act like he hates you but still wouldn't hurt you. On the other hand...... be careful with Zach you don't know him much. Okay?" I nodded understanding what he really meant. I agree to him actually, Jake is a jerk yet he makes me feel safe but Zach is a mystery guy, I should be carefull. "Ya...whatever DAD! kate just tell me everything when you come back okay.....You look amazing, just remember if you need any help..... my number is always in your speed dail." Mom winked at me. I chuckled and nodded, Mom's so cool...... when dad plays the serious role she acts like my age and when mom's serious.......... well dad knows how to get back on her....... I miss Angel though, she is living with krish and they are too busy with his new project that we don't even talk on phone. I took a glance at the clock and rushed towards my car. It's me who's gonna be late this time. I walked..... no actually I ran towards the entrance and found Jake standing their with a look that says 'Whenever kate shows up.... I'll kill her.' I gulped and walked towards him like everything's normal, ignoring the fact that I am fifteen minutes late. "Finally.......!" He sighed "Hmmm finally." I smiled and started walking inside, not wanting to get scolded by him. He kept up with my speed and pointed towards our table, again he pulled out a chair for me to sit..... "Jake, can I ask you something? " I asked him hopefully, he diverted his attention on me while nodding for me to continue. I took a deep breath before asking " How do you know Zach?" He looked at his hands and started playing with his phone but replied without looking at me "we were together in high school." Was all he said...... " I met him today. I know I shouldn't have gone with him but....... I kinda liked him?" he immediately turned his attention towards me...... he has confusion all over his face "Okay! And you are telling me this because?" He inquired. "Because you were 'kind'enough to tell me the other night to stay away from him and it's just...... Can I know the reason Jake? It's important." I said and look at him, he was looking at me with so much intensity that I almost forgot everything. I can just focus on his grey eyes which are deep "Why? If I would say anything about him you'll trust me?" He asked still staring with those eyes......."Yup......! Of course I trust you." I said with confidence. His expressions changed his gaze softened and he avoided looking at  and murmured "You trust me."