30 | Winter of the heart

-|| Winter of the heart || -

You came as the light in this winter of my life !

Melancholy filled the breeze as Bhanu sat down near the water stream of the palace. His eyes fixed on the scrolls written by his love in front of him.

" Kaki says I have fallen in love. But neither do I realize it's presence nor it's existence in my life. A love that has no colours Rajkumar , no shades at all. Time has gone far , you wouldn't remember me Krishnaputra but I don't know what is this strange burning that I feel in my heart every now and then as if all that I think isn't true probably you are not the person that I have imagined"

' Kaki knew it right then it was love ? My dear , it is only you who resided in my very thoughts. To remember one must forget and I did never forget to remember you Thanu. I did feel the same probably it is the brunt of the soul that was felt by both ' , Bhanu mused caressing the parchment , picking up the next one.

" Tomorrow I am coming to Dwarka. A place that was no less than a shrine to me once but now in my mind that is a place only where you live Rajkumar. My beautiful childhood memories are associated with it. But it is now a place which I don't want to see , I can't take in the bliss when my entire family is living in the paths of thorns. It is as if I have ousted from that place. Rajkumar , I wish I could say I want to meet you , I want to see you. But , no Rajkumar may we not meet each other even my mistake. I hope , our paths never cross. I don't even wish to cross the path that falls in your way. "

' What has fate given you Thanu ? ' , Bhanu's heart broke , ' I didnt know it could be so cruel to give you so much pain. At times if not for your presence I would have started hating this fate Aarunya. Why does it only put good people into the cages of fire ? '.

" You haven't changed even a bit Rajkumar. Today , when I saw you for the first time in the Shiva temple only with the look in your eyes I knew it was you. Those eyes shimmering with joy but no I couldn't reciprocate my inner feelings because my heart didn't allow to SatyabhamaNandan. Only for this I didn't want to meet you ever , I could feel you hurt by my ignorance "

' Oh my dear ' , Bhanu's eyes teared , ' How considerate about me you have been since then ? I can't imagine what must you have borne. Being so close to me yet unable to say a word. With your one glimpse when all my heart was restless, I can imagine what you must have silently endured '.

" I kept turning away from you every time but your resolve to come back to me was far more than my resolve Rajkumar. As I wake up from my deathbed , I can't refuse to accept that you are the person whom I have always loved Adi. It felt you were the one who pulled me back from the chains of death , holding my hand fighting death to hand me back to you. I fear that I might not hold myself back any longer , your love is driving me and it will until fate decides for that day of our union ".