41 | Womb of Destruction

- || Womb of destruction|| -

The soldier alerted Suthanu entering the royal chambers as the Pandavas and Draupadi paused in their discussions.

" Pranaam " , Suthanu bowed , " I am sorry for intruding this discussion but I am here to get all your permission Pitashri and Maa ".

The Pandavas and Draupadi looked at each other before turning back to Suthanu.

" What is it child ? " , Draupadi asked.

" I want permission to go to the battle field as a Vaidhya, Pitashri and Maa " , Suthanu said as the parents were shocked.

" What ? " , Bhima was first to break the silence." No way , I am allowing something like that Bangaram" , Arjuna was instant , nodding in no. " I am with Bhrata " , Nakula supported.

" Pitashri's and Maa , before you all take a decision please allow me to keep my thoughts in front of you " , Suthanu paused as all of them nodded slowly.

" Pitashri and Maa , about my knowledge on the medicines I have been taught in Panchala and by Pita Sahadeva himself. Pita, am I qualified to give treatments ? " , Suthanu said as every eye turned to Sahadeva.

" I didn't know it was for this . Bangaram had been with me throughout during my medical camps in the recent few days " , Sahdeva paused closing his eyes , " She is well versed to become a physician Bhrata for I myself had taken up to teaching her".

" But there is no logic in this ,Bangaram. The reason of being qualified alone , we can't permit you " , Bhima said as the rest supported.

" I have one more reason to do so pita , something which all of you would accept " , Suthanu replied as the parents waited to hear.

" You all have always brought me up as a Kshatriya princess and equal to Bhrata's. Being a kshatriya kumari , it is my duty to protect too Pitashri and Maa. The very same reason for which you all are fighting. This war is to protect and restore Dharma than to destroy Adharma , is it not Pita ? Mamashree calls it to be a Dharma Yuddha and being your daughter , how can I not walk on your footsteps ? Does yielding weapon become the only way for protection ? " , Suthanu moved towards Yudhisthira and Panchali taking their hand in hers.

" Samrat. Forgive me pita , I call you so because at this time I want you to think as a king than my father. I am standing in front of the Chakravarthi who this land chose as it's emperor. As a king , your duty is protect one person or kill a hundred Samrat ? The Samrat I know , counts for every life in his army be it a foot soldier or general. Also , do recollect the pledge I had taken during my coronation as a princess Pita and Maa. Would you want your child to go back on her words ? May be only for this day I had picked up weapons that day so that I could protect myself if in case needed. Let me do my part in this war Pitashri and Maa , please allow me to come with all of you " , Suthanu folded her hands as she bowed down on her knees.