2 | Petrichor of Love

-|| Petrichor of love ||- 

The rainbow that makes up the colors of my life is you and you alone...

The kingdom of Dwarka welcomed the dusk with golden light. The corridors were lit with oil lamps that flickered periodically leaving dancing shadows. 

Bhanu paused in his talks as his eyes took the glimpse of the princess seated in the gardens under the shimmer of moonlight. The young man next to him , titled his head startled at the sudden silence of the prince. His lips curled into a small smile knowing what exactly the silence of the prince meant. 

 " Senika , bring a royal blanket " , Bhanu ordered to the soldier standing beside before marching up to the princess. 

Suthanu turned her head at the sound of footsteps as she smiled seeing Bhanu.

 " Pranaam " 

 " Pranaam Rajkumari " , Bhanu uttered quite normally as he followed her curious gaze which apparently was behind him. 

 " Pranaam Rajkumari Suthanu . I am Dhruv , Bhanu's childhood friend. So you are the princess of Indraprastha about whom I have heard lots from.. " , Dhruv whimpered as Bhanu pinched him , glaring at the former. Suthanu raised her brows as Bhanu managed to give a small smile. 

 " I mean from people Rajkumari. Who wouldn't know you in Aryavarta ? Nice to meet you " , Dhruv finished as Bhanu breathed in relief . 

 " Nice to meet you too " , Suthanu smiled as Dhruv left the place before giving a teasing smile to Bhanu who sat beside the princess.

 " How are doing now Rajkumari ? " , Bhanu's eyes brimmed with concern as the dread that gripped his heart slowly feel breathing the air she did. " Much better " , Suthanu answered faintly.

 " If I am not wrong , you are supposed to be resting this time . It's cold here " ,  Bhanu's words made Suthanu turn her head as she gazed into those worried eyes brimming with something so genuine that tugged her heart.

 " I was unable to breath inside Rajkumar " , Suthanu said as Bhanu rose instantly.

 " I will call the Vaidhya " 

Bhanu turned as Suthanu held his hand . His eyes filling up with love as his sight fell on her hand holding his.

 " I meant I couldn't stay inside for a long time Rajkumar " , Suthanu said drawing back her hand as Bhanu smiled.

Soon , Bhanu lit the logs in front to keep the surrounding warm. The two sat in silence with their breathes echoing in slow rhythm. 

There were million thoughts that swirled in Bhanu's mind. The sudden attack on the princess , his realisation of love and her silence that had been unmasked in her unconsciousness.