53 | Dance of Destruction

" Paa "

" Paa "

Arjuna heard that soft whisper even at that moment of distress and extreme wrath.

Suthanu straightened herself as she realised Arjuna had turned towards her.
She moved to his side beside whom Satyaki and Bhanu stood and she didn't want to look down for she knew her Bhrata was there , lying now lifeless. 

Suthanu went over to Arjuna and held his palm as she found her father's eyes softening every passing second before they teared up and he kneeled down to the all-bearing mother earth.

" My Abhi didn't deserve this end , he was valorous and no might was born to defeat him. He was not martryed but murdered by a deceving plot that has never taken place any battle I myself have been part of. My dulhara is no more but I being his father wasn't there when he needed me the most. He has succeded by tearing apart the enemy but I have failed today as a Senapati...as a father mostly " , Arjuna's voice chocked as he placed his palm on Abhimanyu's head , " I failed you , ladla. I failed....". 

" Paa " , Suthanu who had kneeled down beside Arjuna , " Today I will ask you only one question , Can Abhimanyu's father succumb to defeat far from fail ? Is Abhimanyu , his father's weakness ? ". 

Suthanu knew she was igniting the fire buried in a warrior but she knew she did it with a purpose. The damage was huge and if Arjuna sunk into misery with the oath he had taken , the results would be a question. She wasn't prepared for other loss and she knew , this time the loss would be on Kauravas. Mahadeva won't be so cruel on them , she trusted the one she worshipped the years she had lived. 

" Never " , Arjuna's eyes burned with rage - a sight too rare but known by the family. For anyone who happened to touch his family had always faced the same fate. 

" Then it's not the time to grieve Paa , fulfill your oath with tomorrow's sunrise. Let Bhrata get his justice " , Suthanu looked at him with same fierce determination , " Bhrata has become Mrityunajaya with his valor , Paa. It's time , the world sees that as Abhimanyu's father what you can wreak on the battleground. Make them regret their deeds, Paa. Go as Kaala to those evil - doers , victory shall be yours because Bhrata has now forever rested in your weapons ". 

" I promise you Abhi those who did injustice with you , will pay for it. They will regret their existence very soon , it's time the cost of injustice is paid " , Arjuna looked at Abhimanyu as he wiped away his tears. 

" Go and rest Paa. Tomorrow , the battleground is yours " , Suthanu assured as Arjuna nodded and rose from his place leaving to his tents. The moment Arjuna was out of sight , Suthanu's eyes filled up though she didn't cry. She wasn't immune to such terrible blows one after the other. Though she had spoken that victory will be her father's but she knew all the plots that Kauravas would do to have the war in their favor. 

Suthanu looked in front of her to see Abhimanyu for the first time. Her heart broke seeing the wound marks and still blood dripping from all of his face and armor. How ruthlessly had they attacked him , she could anticipate the moves. How heartless would they have been? Every little memory they shared played at the back of her mind , making her take a deep breath as she felt the heaviness increasing in her heart.