17 | Lamenting winds

- || Lamenting winds ||- 

And when the heart cries , the other sounds become inaudible...

Yudisthira let his eyes stray for a moment , to the starry velvet of the dusk sky and the illusion of peace beneath it as multiple thoughts stirred in his mind. His eyes turned red in all the pain his heart held on to , his grip on the ledge tightening to keep him firm. 

" Yudisthira " 

His gaze shifted to Kunti who stood beside , her eyes fixed on her son with her hand placed on his shoulder. His eyes tearing instantly as he saw her unable to restrain more.

" Maa " 

Kunti's hands went to his hairs , ruffling them gently as she tried to comfort him by wiping his tears. Her own eyes reflecting the vulnerability of her son. Yudisthira gripped on to her hand firmly as he tried hard to control his tears. Kunti left his hands as she filled the water in a glass and made him drink , rubbing his back gently as he chocked on the water. 

" What is this Kaunteya ? " , Kunti continued ,cupping his face , " You are my eldest . You are the one who brought the mother in me Ajatashatru. You are Dharmaraja , the epitome of Dharma from Narayana gifted to this world. You are the son I am proud of Paartha ". 

" I am alive as a human Maa . But I have died as a king , husband ,brother and father probably even as a son. The ones who loved me , I gave one of them hardships of the forest and the other a life without happiness. The brothers who I had to guard with all my heart , I pushed them into living as a commoner. The son has broke his mother's trust and a king played away his citizens life for a game of dice. The father who had to give his children , a life of love and joy has failed yet again Maa. That little child , Thanu " , Yudisthira's voice turned heavy , " Calls me Samrat". 

Kunti's eyes widened in shock as Yudisthira's eyes closed in immense pain. 

" I will talk to her right now " , Kunti turned to leave as Yudisthira held her back. 

" There is no fault of that little child Maa. She is hurting herself more than me " , Yudisthira's words made Kunti turn to face him. 

" Yes maa , the daughter in her has died multiple times that she has forgotten it. It is not she accepting her to me being her father but not able to think of being a daughter. That child , what must have passed through her maa in all those thirteen years ? How many times my Bangaram would have crumbled within herself ? Not knowing the exact reason for her sudden disappearance of her parents which where her only world. Not knowing , why exactly did the family have to part ways. Not knowing , when would her parents return. How many nights would she have screamed and got up from her sleep terrified ? How many days her eyes would have searched for her parents ? How many times her heart would have wished for her parents on seeing parents and children being together ? That tender age when she didn't know world was , we had left her Maa. Yet I am sure not once would that little heart cried to anyone yet been only the comforting pillar always with a smile. How much her heart would have longed for Kalyani the time she first bleed ? When she is twisting in pain , the loving hands of her father on her head and comforting her. Maa , the thought of her very thought shatters the depths of my soul. What is her age and what is amount of pain in her heart Maa ? I am afraid I will lose her Maa , that this wall that has been formed will ever break ? " ,Yudisthira's words made Kunti's eyes well up with tears as her own heart sinked. She had never thought about the vulnerable child in Suthanu behind that of princess.