50 | Brutal twists in Time ( I )

Suthanu folded her palms praying to the Sun as it soar up the sky , breaking through the dark with it's golden rays

' I have felt always a deep devotion towards you , Bhagwan. Something so close that I find myself conversing with you even at night ' , Suthanu stood with folded palms as she took a deep breath , ' I know you are not to be judged by the deeds of your ansha - Angraja Karna. But I don't know Deva , somewhere I hope that you show him the right way even if it's too late. I would only pray that let his death not be cruel. As always which is my eternal prayer , protect all my dear ones Surya Deva'. 

If Karna thought she hadn't noticed him previous night as she took leave from Bhishma - he was highly mistaken. Even from far away , she was able to sense movement that there was someone and also ,there was something she couldn't name on how she was sure. Had she known she was SuryaArdhangini and to know the ansha of her Swami was quite gradual. An other truth was held within as well yet to come to colors. 

As Suthanu opened her eyes , she felt Bhanu stand nearby causing her to face him. 

" I know Aarunya , you are pondering about Radheya Karna stepping into the battlefield today given it was to happen after Prapitamaha's downfall " , Bhanu turned away looking at the sun , " I don't know Suthanu , he is not a man of honor after everything he has done. But there is some part of me that wishes that he should have walked on a path on which we stand but nevertheless he choose the opposite side. None can change the consequences now ". 

Suthanu placed her palm on Bhanu's shoulder as he turned to her with a gentle smile. It was an air of melancholy in both their hearts that they lessened only by sharing with each other. 

Both got back to work , the eleventh day of Kurukshetra being a new rise in the Kaurava side with Bharadvajaputra Drona taking the rein of Senapati in his hands as well Karna entering the battle field. 

Suthanu felt sad as news of Panchala princes dying at intervals came - her dear uncles who had treasured her like their own daughter. Moments in Panchala with them flashed before her eyes making her fist her palm trying to control her emotions. 

It would be terrible for the province of Panchala yet it was her Matamaha who came to her vision. She would have never wished upon her grandfather to witness the death of his sons when he himself was in the age to travel to other world.

The acute pain in Drupada's heart crushed her heart - her mother had undergone severe pain but to bear that pain as parent was wholly different. She had seen it in Drupada's eyes several times , the ardent prayer to keep his children safe or sometimes , the pleading to give him the pain instead. She didn't want him to face more and more of it as he aged further but fate was willing to test him even at the final stages. 

Suthanu though kept passing instructions to the physicians and checking the requirements at intervals , all the thought - process going in her mind even as she worked.