14 | Back of the mirror ( I )

-|| Back of the mirror ( I ) ||-

"Hesitation is the heart's grave" .

Suthanu couldn't ignore the heaviness her heart felt the moment she had set her feet in the temple. Her mind retorted the whispers of the heart , temple is the very epitome of tranquility and joy.

She snapped out of the feud between her heart and mind as her eyes laid on Dhruv in wedding robes adjacent to a beautiful maiden to whom his wedding had been supposedly fixed.

" Stop " , she said briskly halting the purohit from reciting the mantras. " I have to say something for this wedding " , Suthanu smiled at Dhruv , her eyes reassuring him that things would turn out in favour.

" And who are you to say that kanya ? " , Dhruv's father spat bitterly.

" I am here to speak for my sister and also my friend " , Suthanu said firmly as an anxious Neerja stepped out into the space.

" The auspicious time is passing out " , the purohit intervened. " Continue purohit , people can wait or leave" , Dhruv's father stared at Suthanu.

" This is matter of few minutes otherwise auspiciousness shall never again knock in the door's of your son's life " , Suthanu said sharply as the two families gaze turned on her.

" Tell us " , the bride's father was curious after all it was matter of his daughter's life.

" So you are kept in the shadows of dark " , Suthanu continued , " Dhruv is in love with my friend Neerja even before the proposal came for him. They two love each other and want to live with each other ".

It came as a thunderbolt for the bride's family as the bride stood up from her place followed by Dhruv.

" What rubbish ? Dhruv will follow his parent's words " , Dhruv's father yelled as Dhruv's eyes fixed on him.

" What do you wish kaka ? It's a parent's rights to take decisions for their children but after a point they will have to honor the child's wish as well. Isn't the wellbeing and happiness of the child foremost for the parent ? Dhruv hasn't chosen anyone inappropriate either , Neerja is a women of gold. I can assure of her duties as the daughter - in law of your family. If not me , trust your son's choice kaka " , Suthanu said as Dhruv's father looked up to her with fury.

" Would you teach me about parenting now ? " , Dhruv's father said coldly.

" No kaka , you know it much better. I am just hear to tell you about your son " , Suthanu continued , " Your anger shows your immense love for him kaka. Why are you ignoring the stab of his heart then ? " .

Suthanu's words made Dhruv's father look up to her , the anger in his eyes diluting.

" Look at you son kaka. Take a glimpse of the helplessness flashing in his eyes , the pain buried beneath it. He is your son even this moment kaka. He has been standing here not for the society but only for your sake. You are precious to him even more than the one whom he regards his life kaka " , Suthanu words made Dhruv's father shift on Dhruv who held a tear at the corner of his eyes.