5 | Malignant odor

- || Malignant odor ||-

When the odor turns malignant , breath in to fade it with your scent...

A dark figure faded into shadows as Ajay twisted his face. He took slow steps pausing behind the edge of the wall as a bird fluttered its wings carrying away the letter from a man clad in pitch black clothes almost making a picture of a pair of eyes popping out from the dark. 

Ajay took rapid steps as he threw his dagger towards the bird skillfully dropping the letter without harming the bird. He rushed past the corridors , down the steps as he spotted a pale letter. 

His lips pursued as he read the letter with sharp eyes. 

The work isn't done . I suppose someone has become aware of our conspiracy. Be cautioned Lord ! 

Chandra 

Just as he had finished the letter , a bow whooshed past cutting across the air as the letter was lit with raging fire. Ajay dropped the letter at once , turning back to look at Chandra who stood with a smirk. 

 " So you are the one behind the failure of today " , Chandra said in deadly tone as a smile cropped up in Ajay's face. " I didn't expect a coward to challenge openly " , Ajay was sarcastic as Chandra fisted his palms. 

 " Who is a coward here ? The one who spies ? " , Chandra spat drawing his sword smoothly. Ajay kept a smile on his face as he mentally thought in ways for the escapade since his sword was left behind. 

As Chandra stepped forward , Ajay took a handful of sand , throwing over the latter's eyes as he ran away. Chandra huffed swinging his sword in vain. 

As Ajay walked along the corridors , he tried to calm his breath. He was right , there is someone superior who wants to harm Suthanu and Bhanu while Chandra is just a pawn. 

Chandra ceased open his eyes as his brows arched in fear of getting caught. Soon an envious plan erupted in his volcano of greedy brain. 

Suthanu walked past the corridors gracefully that to people's eyes she would look no different. However her mind had been lost to the events of the past days as worry gripped her heart. Would she able to bear it if anything happens to the Prince only because he had became her shield ?  

She cursed herself , wasn't this one of the reasons why she didn't want to fall in those circles of relationship be it even friendship ? She had lost enough and now she didn't want to risk any more people for her sake. Her burnt heart would reduce to ashes that would never be able to beat again if something such occurred. 

Bitter tears stung her eyes , a feeling of helplessness embracing her. She couldn't be of any help to her family at the most crucial phase. Would a mother have faced humiliation past her daughter ? Would a daughter not protest for the deceit her father were put into ? She did nothing then and now she wanted to do everything to save that life .