43 | Beautiful Ruins

Balarama had arrived once to meet the Pandavas along with Pradyumna and Samba before leaving for tirtha yathra

It was followed by the arrival of King of Vidarbha , Rukmi who expressed his wish to join the war which the Pandavas politely declined. News came that his wish was declined by Duryodhana as well.

The message from Duryodhana to her fathers made Suthanu's blood boil and the Pandavas themselves grew rageful of the atrocity. To a certain point, Suthanu thought it was in their favor only. Even if her fathers had the slightest ounce to raise their weapons against their kin , it was washed away by his message.

It was a buzz throughout the camps, the war was starting the next day.

Suthanu looked through all the medications , the details of the minute medicinal pastes not missing her eye. The herbs , she knew she left no stone unturned to make the best out of them. Sahadeva and Nakula's teachings came handy not to forget the learnings from Panchala.

The food arrangements were next to check and Suthanu was surprised when she ran through the needs in ease. She had never caught interest in the royal cutlery quite after the dice game but she would thank her stars for the all the pushes that her aunt's back in Dwarka gave.

She adored a veil at instances when time permitted to get a peek of her fathers , brothers , uncles and grandfathers recalling all the times she had together with them.

" Maa , the veil you adorn can't waver the presence of yours in our heart "

Suthanu turned around in surprise not bringing the veil close to her face to hide her identity because she knew the person.

Anjanaparvan brushed the lone tear from the corner of Suthanu's eyes. Suthanu closed her eyes momentarily before bringing a smile onto her face.

" I never knew my Paru - my little ladla has grown up so much to show me the mirror of reality " , Suthanu put her hand gently on Anjanaparvan's head.

" Says the one who herself is the mirror of reality to several people" , Anjanaparvan's words made Suthanu shake her head.

" Clever boy ! " , Suthanu continued, " I told you not to hang around with Rajkumar. You and your uncle easily butter people ".

" Forget not Bua Maa , we both never deter from truth and my Pita , definitely not " , Anjanaparvan was cut by Bhanu.

" Paru , I never thought you to defend me in front of your Maa " , Bhanu made an appearance drenched with sweat as Suthanu realised the work behind.

Anjanaparvan disappeared before appearing with a cotton cloth.

" Neither did you teach me to forget to take care of my own health , Pita " , Anjanaparvan shook his head as he handed over the cloth.

Bhanu smiled taking the cloth as he wiped his face and dried his hairs.

" You are not wrong , Thanu " , Bhanu shared a smile with Suthanu , " Paru has definitely grown up and become smart enough to answer us back. Rajkumari , do you think it's time ? ".