52 | Tears of Blood

Suthanu attended to a stricken Uttara within her personal tent, while Neerja assisted with her care

Suthanu attended to a stricken Uttara within her personal tent, while Neerja assisted with her care. The tent was cocooned in a shroud of white fabric, providing seclusion for the injured princess, with the intention of keeping her updated on any alarming news.

Suthanu clasped Uttara's wrist, her eyes widening in shock. "Bhabhi," she whispered, the tremor in her voice betraying her emotions. Neerja gazed at Suthanu, perplexed by her sudden descent beside Uttara, as if in a state of collapse.

"Thanu," Neerja abandoned the protocol as she placed a consoling hand on Suthanu's shoulder, "What's amiss?"

Suthanu's voice trembled, "My Abhi Bhrata has to return." She looked at Uttara before standing, Bhanu pacing restlessly outside. As he spotted Suthanu, he rushed towards her.

"How is Rajakumari Uttara now? Is everything fine?" Bhanu inquired softly.

"If only I were not on this battlefield, with my brother thrust into danger, this moment would be one of the happiest of my life, Adi," Suthanu spoke, and Bhanu struggled to comprehend her words.

"Are you implying...?" Bhanu's query remained unfinished as he met Suthanu's eyes, glistening with tears.

"Pandavaparivaar will welcome a new bundle of joy after years of hardship," Suthanu spoke, "Bhrata and Bhabhi will be parents now, Adi."

"Rajkumar," a soldier interrupted the conversation, panting heavily.

"Our Saubhadreya is trapped inside Chakravyuha, surrounded by Maharathis. That Sindhu prince, Jayadratha, has prevented the Pandavas from aiding Rajkumar Abhimanyu."

Suthanu's legs nearly gave way, but Bhanu held her firmly, gesturing the soldier to leave.

"Adi, this cannot be," Suthanu shook her head, tears streaming from her eyes as Bhanu embraced her. "Bhrata cannot walk into the trap of death. We all need him, Bhabhi does, and now, his little baby girl or boy. It was his dream, Adi - a dream close to his heart. He cannot leave us this way. I want to send a message to him right away; I am sure it will strengthen him to fight and return victoriously."

As Suthanu drew away, Bhanu held her wrist, "The message cannot reach him, Thanu. Do not hold false hopes; he is already inside the Chakravyuha, and no one can enter now. Time has already spun its wheels, rendering it all but inevitable."

"Bhanu," Suthanu flared at him, looking at him with furious eyes, "How can you lose hope this way? My Bhrata will return safely, you understand. It is my belief, a sister's conviction...nothing can go wrong with him. He will come back for my parents, for my brothers, for me, for Bhabhi, and now, his unborn child. He will, he will...he has to."

"Shush," Bhanu took Suthanu in his embrace, empathizing with her state of mind, "If your belief is so firm, my Thanu, never reassures herself this way. Aaru, let us prepare for the worst."