51 | Falling Apart

" Bhrata "

" Bhrata "

Suthanu placed her palm on Abhimanyu's shoulder who was facing his back to her , holding his bow that was dear to him.

" Bangaram "

Abhimanyu was startled as he placed his bow with reverence quickly before turning to face her with a gentle smile.

" What keeps you awake at this hour Bhrata ? " , Suthanu asked as she led to take a seat , sitting beside him once he did.

Abhimanyu eyes grew soft finding the concern spread in Suthanu's face. He lifted his palm to place on her head affectionately , the truth that he wanted to reveal to her not able to win over the affection he held for her this time. He couldn't brace himself at the moment to reveal it to her in words.

" Bhrata ? " , Suthanu observed Abhimanyu's strange silence. She was feeling hesitant to question him , there was something she had to know but what was it that her brother was pushed to such silence ? If she had to know something , her brother always let her know and she knew his needs when he didn't voice it. But this wasn't related to helping Abhimanyu in any way Suthanu knew. What could it be ? What was it related to ?

Abhimanyu noticed the deep sadness that Suthanu's eyes held gradually. He tried to become normal not wanting to hurt his dear sister even in his wildest dreams.

" I wasn't sleepy , Bangaram " , Abhimanyu voiced out softly as Suthanu placed her palm on his which was on her cheek now , " I have to tell you something but listen to me completely before you speak. I don't have a good feeling about the war tomorrow rather today Thanu. The sunrise today , I am not sure what it holds but it's not a rise for us. I had a dream and affirming my thoughts on these lines was Mamashree himself though indirectly. I can't ask him , what is to happen - that's our constraint. Suthanu , if I fail to see tomorrow's sunset.. "

" Bhrata " , Suthanu screamed as she shook her head in denial with slight tears. Suthanu held his palms in hers as Abhimanyu smiled softly.

" Bangaram " , Abhimanyu drew his palm as he lifted her chin to meet his eyes gently , " It's a possibility , it's not mandate. I want you to know a truth that we brothers haven't been able to brace ourselves from letting you know till date ".

" Truth ? " , Suthanu blinked back her tears as she keenly observed Abhimanyu.

" It was a few days after your birth even before your naming ceremony. We had taken an oath that death will come to us before you , we would shield you with every breath " , Abhimanyu's voice flattered as Suthanu looked at him with widened eyes.

" You all promised me to stay by my side forever to my knowledge. How can you do it if you all had taken an oath earlier ? " , Suthanu asked in the softest of her voice trying to understand such an important and big truth of her life.

" Bangaram , this is the truth " , Abhimanyu tried to read Suthanu's eyes ," Our forever wasn't related to physical presence , we had already taken an oath related to it. Our forever was always to be by your side through the bond we share - recount the last thirteen years we weren't together physically always. In fact , you are the one who bore the sole distance for a long time given you were at Panchala and all of us were together in Dwarka ".