45 | Fragile hearts

Suthanu looked over the practice ground as Abhimanyu was slashing down on the statue made of twigs with a mud pot

Suthanu looked over the practice ground as Abhimanyu was slashing down on the statue made of twigs with a mud pot. His eyes blindfolded and slldiers were going at intervals to fight with him.

Suthanu looked over to the swords kept by her side. Her hands moved to it momentarily stopping before wielding it.She directed the soldiers to stay back.

Suthanu moved towards Abhimanyu in slow steps as she exerted her entire strength clashing with his sword. But his force had been so strong that Suthanu could feel her own palm in pain.

It was impossible for her to fight with her brother when he was in rage as a matter of fact none could stand against him in that form of his. Suthanu tried resisting it for a fraction of seconds as she dropped the sword to the ground.

' Ah '

" Bangaram " , Abhimanyu opened his blindfold immediately dropping his own sword - his anger being long forgotten. He took Suthanu's palm in his hands as he looked at her concerned.

" You all kept looking ? " , Abhimanyu glared at the men as Suthanu put her other palm on Abhimanyu's hand gently gesturing him a no.

" I came on my own Bhrata. It's not their fault and I am fine " , Suthanu drew her palm as she held his hand taking him from the ground.

" Do you know Thanu that you have risked your life ? " , Abhimanyu shook his head as he walked beside her.

" That you do everyday on the battlefield, my warrior Bhrata " , Suthanu smiled , " But don't think I have lost because your anger is tamed now which was my very motive".

" What ? " , Abhimanyu looked away.

" Why are you blaming yourself Bhrata for Bhrata Uttar ? " , Suthanu spoke softly , " I agree it's our responsibility to save the men who have come to our side but it was not because of you that he was martyred ".

" No Thanu " , Abhimanyu looked at her , " What will I answer Uttara ? It was my responsibility to keep her happy but in spite of me being there , her brother was killed ".

" I told you before also Bhrata , that war is for us to fight not you. My Bhabhi is strong enough to fight this " , Suthanu was cut by Abhimanyu.

" The whole point is that Thanu. In my presence , I don't want to give her a war " , Abhimanyu sat down in his place as they went to his tent.

" Bhrata , do you think she is not at war even before this ? You , her father , her brothers and her people are at war. How can she not be in one ? " , Suthanu sat beside as she questioned softly.

Abhimanyu looked up at her in surprise. He didn't speak for several moments.

" Are you at war , Thanu ? " , it came softly.

" If I say no , it will be untrue Bhrata " , Suthanu smiled softly , " In my case - it's my entire family Bhrata , near and distant. But when we trust you to leave you at war then you men should trust us too. Your trust on Bhabhi is her own strength , Bhrata. Don't trouble yourself more ".