Part 31: Home

Welp, i've been gone for a while, mainly cause i got no clue what to write next, might pull some plot armour bullshit in the future. Because of that chapters might take longer to publish.

Getting that out of the way, shoutout to my boy FilippoMasiero2 for guessing what move Baki displayed to his brother.

" So, you like ice cream?"

Izuku hadn't thought this through. He just killed a man in front of a small girl. Let alone, it was gruesome, Overhaul's teeth were scattered all over the alleyway.

But she wasn't horrified, just suprised at what just happened. Overhaul, the man that always one-sidedly massacred his enemies was now defeated. Still, to her eyes, Overhaul deserved it.

Ice cream, she had no clue what that is, but it sounded delicious, so she nodded to his question.

" Alright, let's go get some."

------

They got ice cream. Eri had no clue what it was, so Izuku bought her vanilla flavoured ones.

They were walking to the direction of Kukuroo mountain. Honestly, she needs a place to stay, and there's no better place than a mansion.

At the same time, other civilians just couldn't look away. A small girl with bandaged arms and legs, not to mention she only had a single layer of clothing, if you could even call that clothing.

Next to her was Izuku. Most thought he was her father, or atleast they are blood related.

" How could he treat her like this!? i feel bad for her. "

The rambling of the passerby civilians could be heard. Obviously, Izuku didn't pay mind to it, but it was another story to Eri.

She was always secluded from others. The only other people she saw was Overhaul and some of his lackeys.

Eri was a bit overwhelmed, and the negative comments just made it worse.

" Excuse me, is she your daughter?"

A fellow passerby interrupted Izuku. She wasn't capable of getting her eyes away from Eri due to her clothes.

" No, she isn't."

" Then is she your sister?"

" We're not related."

Izuku's replies just made the passerby feel pity for Eri. I think she was misinterpreting something.

" Then who are you to her?"

He always hates people like her, ones who don't mind their own damn bussiness.

" I'm her guardian."

He doesn't have any intention to speak with this woman anymore, as he doubts they would reach a conclusion, so he continued walking.

Eri followed ahead.

Izuku did notice she was acting a bit  different than usual. It's like she was clinging to him, looking for safety.

It wasn't the fear of someone taking her back to what hell hole she lived her entire life, but it was the anxiety of being in the presence of so many people.

" Are you alright?"

With her anxiety in mind, he tried to make Eri feel at ease. Getting her trail of thought out of the people around to something else usually helps.

" Y-yes, i-im fine."

She stammered out.

" You don't have to worry, you know? We'll soon reach a place where there's nobody around."