Part 38: Stop Thinking Rationally

It didn't take long for the Shie Hassaikai members to be captured. They didn't even put up a fight, to which was a delight.

Still, the damage they've done is astronomical.

In the span of a measly 5 minutes, over 80 heroes were hit by the quirk erassing bullets.

All of them realised that something was wrong.

Why would they use guns? No to mention ones that don't inflict any sort of physical damage?

Trying to use their quirks is when they realised what was wrong with the picture.

A life of a quirkless person isn't a gentle one. These sort of people basically lose any chance of having a decent life, or let alone a normal life.

Realising they can't activate their quirks due to these strange bullets, the psychological fear of becoming an outcast of society was a bit too much to handle.

" You bastards!! What the hell did you do to me!!?!"

Having the intruders restrained to a nearby wall, a hero grabbed one of them forcibly by the hair.

" Why can't i use my quirk?!"

There was a lot to see in that heroes eyes. In a way, he was desperate for answers.

" Don't sweat it, hero. Your quirk should return in a month or two."

Out of all people, Sir Nighteye seemed to be composed.

He has heard the news of a hero losing his quirk for some time due to being hit by a strange bullet.

This was only ever recorded once. Naturally, the authenticity of that story was questioned by many, while it also never made the headlines.

Sir Nighteye knew it had to be true.

With these words of comfort, the enraged hero finally relaxed.

Although 2 months seems a lot, it's manageable.

" Hate to break it to ya, but your quirk's gone!"

The intruder responded aggresively, seemingly holding in a chuckle.

" All of you fuckers that got hit, say hello to a new quirkless life!"

The hero lost it. Still holding the intruder's head up by the hair, he punched him straight to the face, knocking him out.

Now this was behaviour a hero shouldn't have. But in a way, many understood his actions.

Losing your quirk can change a person drastically, even Nighteye understood the internal struggle of hearing this heartbreaking news.

Many of the heroes that got hit by the bullets seemingly despaired.

" Damn it... Why..."

The hero fell on his ass, the stress he now feels was enough to break him to a point where he can't stand.

" T-there's a way to reverse the effects." One of the intruders spoke up.

An influx of emotions came swirling into everyone who heard it.

" Really?..."

It was a bit difficult to believe in that claim. After all, it's the enemy speaking.

But at the same time, why would he lie now? Surely, he wouldn't dare to spout such a bold lie in front of so many people.

" Y-yeah, i overheard my leader saying he can reverse the effects."