Part 37: Special

" And that's all i know, i swear!"

The last remaining intruder stammered, finally telling Baki everything he needed to know.

Although he killed all of his comrades in cold blood, Baki acted somewhat nice to the frightened fellow.

Still, that did not bring any relief whatsoever.

Seeing the massacre with his own eyes, the possibility of getting brutally killed after spilling everything did not leave the intruder's trail of thought.

Baki wasn't fazed at all, a calm and an uninterested look resided on his face even after hearing everything.

In all fairness, that's just his normal face. What the intruded told him is definetly appealing.

" I see."

Baki replied. The intruder definetly told him everything he could remember.

He wanted to express his feeling, but all Baki could do was sigh.

The fact that Overhaul already has such a huge quantity of quirk erasing bullets, not to mention ones that shut down a quirk off completely was unexpected.

" It's too soon..."

Baki seemingly spoke to himself.

" When is Overhaul going to ambush the stadium?"

He listened to everything, focused as he could be, but he never heard the time of when they are going to attack.

" Ah, it should be in play by now. "

It's been quite some time, the pain in his legs has been steadily increasing as minutes pass on.

To think that it was so fast that the intruder only noticed something was wrong when he fell down on his ass.

Looking at his legs, they were bent in a peculiar position. Weirdly enough, the pain wasn't coming.

Baki's strike was so fast that it left the body in shock, or maybe it didn't even notice something was wrong?

Only a few moments later had the pain kicked in.

And as of now, it has reached a point where it's bearly bearable.

Grunts were now being forced out of his mouth.

Baki, who heard it, decided to help.

The intruder interpreted it the wrong way. As Baki walked closer, he closed his eyes.

He hoped to god that it will be painless, albeit being an atheist.

His wish wasn't granted, pain worse than ever before came into his legs.

But only for a few moments.

The boy was confused, had he died already? Well, he hoped so, it wasn't so bad after all.

Opening his eyes, he realised he's still here, in the mansion filled with 7 dead people.

" This should do it."

Baki exclaimed, leaving the intruder a bit dumbfounded.

" D-do what?"

" You should be capable of standing up, just don't run and you should be fine."

Taking a look at his legs, they seemed to be fine.

" I only dislocated them, so don't be surprised."

Although the pain was still there, it was now bearable.

" You can go now. "

Baki was a mysterious person, atleast to the intruder's eyes.