Part 13: 5 Months

5 months. Time flied really fast for Izuku. Well, not really, it was completely the opposite, to a point where he thought someone was deliberately slowing down time with a quirk in his presence.

Most know that time feels like it's going slower while doing something you don't like.

While Izuku tehnically didn't hate training these 5 months. The thing that made it feel like an eternity was the pain. Even the benefits of being a Hanma had it's limits. If hell is truly a cruel place of endless suffering and pain for the damned, it would probably pale in comparison of what Izuku had to endure. He also didn't train for anything, he had a goal. More specifically, Baki gave him one.

" You'll be ready once you can open the gate." - Said the red haired boy."How long will it take?" - Izuku asked pretty interested. " We'll see." - Baki replied cocking a determined smirk.

Every monday he'd test his strength on the gate. And after 5 months he finally succeded. It would have probably taken a lot less longer if he only trained for physical strength. Fighting tehniques and speed training are the 2 other factors were involved.

Once the day came where he finally opened the steel gate, they had a feast to celebrate his success. Also, he had gained both weight and height during the period. Going from 5'5 to 5'11, a hair off of reaching the 6 feet club, while also putting alot of muscle mass, reaching an astounding 96 kg(211.6 pounds.)

The green broccoli boy also got quite a few scars along the journey. But comparing the amount to Baki, it's like a newly recruited army soldier versus a man who served his entire life in the army, it's just implying there is no comparison.

Once the feast was over, Baki gave him a suggestion, more like a way to check his fighting capabilities. And the way is to fight his red hair brother himself. Once hearing the suggestion, he wasn't scared, or worried, he was suprised he can actually have a fight with him. He already knew he couldn't beat Baki in a fair fight, his goal was to check how much has he improved.

" You sure you want to do this?" - Baki asked in a cocky tone. " Oh you know i have to." - Izu replied confidently.

Baki was 5'6 and weighs 71kg(157 pounds). Izu was 5'11 and 96kg(211.6 pounds) . It's safe to say Izuku had the advantage in everything, size, weight, reach. Izuku had even started making fun of Baki by overgrowing him in size, but quickly subdued this habit once he realised Baki was one-upping his training.

Either way, the fight started a few hours after the feast. Right before going into action, Izuku did the most important thing, warming up. Getting his body ready for a fated battle, he glanced to the right, seeing Baki was just standing there, awaiting him to finish.

Baki was the one who told him it's a must to warm-up before doing something serious. Aka, something that requires effort.

" Aren't you going to warm up?" - Izuku asked pretty ticked off. "There's no need to." - Baki replied, looking at him with a seemingly blank expression.

It did anger Izuku. Although Baki is his teacher, it still hurts him to know Baki isn't taking him seriously. This is actually Baki's plan. Right after Izuku opened the huge gate, just for a moment Baki realised Izuku felt a sudden joy in having so much power. Seeing Izuku react to his statement made him realise his theory was true, Izuku was a bit drunk with power.

Izuku got ready, his center of mass lowers, while his arm dangles from the ground. This a fighting stance Baki taught him. While Baki himself was just eyeing Izuku, before giving him a small grin and finally going into his stance.

" W-what?" - Izuku exclaimed curiously.

To Izuku, what Baki is doing is utter suicide. The stance has too many openings to be effective in a fight.