p r o l o g u e

"Sometimes, a single question can alter your destiny."

Perhaps, she did not comprehend the hidden meaning in these cryptic words.

Perhaps, her young, inexperienced self was oblivious about the gravity of the situation through and through.

She had absolutely no idea that she was being watched – observed from a distance. Every single day, when she came out to the back gardens to play piano, and get away from the hubbub of the palace. She hadn't realized that her only means to find solace will soon turn into something completely devoid of solitude, something that will shatter her idea of a samey way of life, something that will evoke novel and unusual feelings in her heart – feelings she will not be able to escape.

She had no idea.

"Like a flower blooms unexpectedly,

Like the heavens open up to shower upon the earth,

She wished to meet him coincidentally,

Like it was destiny..."

As she sang songs about serendipity and coincidences, a young man watched her from behind, caressing her petite frame and wild red curls with his cold grey eyes. Not perceiving the reason behind his instinctive actions lately, especially when it came to this girl, he stared at her with increasing intensity, hoping to find an answer in her music, in her enchanting, honey-like voice.

Was it possible to be infatuated with someone's back profile?

But, he knew it wasn't just her waist-length red hair that spoke volumes about her innocence, it was her music. Her music drew him to her just like a moth is drawn to a flame. No matter how powerful he was outside of this place; but the moment he entered this backdoor, his soul automatically unlearned his royalty.

His soul spoke to him like never before.

Her music spoke to him like never before.

He knew he was in too deep even before seeing her face.

Was she pretty?

Did it matter? When in this callous world, all prettiness brought to the table was negotiations and selfish intentions?

How long will he be anonymous?

When will he grow the courage to climb out of the shadows of his insecurities, and clasp the hand of the one his heart desires?

When will he call her, "My Love?"