44. t h e c o u n t d o w n

(Josiah's pov...)

His smile widened even more as he quickly fished out his phone from his back pocket and opened something on it. He came over to my table and placed the phone in front of me.

And then he pressed play, to a video of me and Harmony together in the rain, kissing each other in wild abandonment.

My blood ran cold as soon as I saw that. It was a high quality video, and even the torrential rain couldn't hide the fact that it was really me and Harmony standing there, in a passionate embrace. But what angered me the most was that this despicable man had robbed us of our most beautiful moment, he had made it a spectacle for everyone to see. And now, he was trying to threaten me with this trashy evidence.

Fists clenched so tightly, I slowly lifted my eyes from the phone to look up at his malicious visage, body trembling in unbridled rage.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked him, so calmly as if everything was as normal as before, but I knew Wyatt could understand the abhorrence hidden behind these simple words.

He laughed obnoxiously and replied, "Now that you know what kind of shit you've landed yourself in, let's talk business, eh?"

I stayed silent, which he took as a sign to continue. "If someone knows about this, for example, His Majesty, what do you think will happen? And I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about our dear little Harmony. Do you think she would be able to live a peaceful life after that? Or do you have faith in your grandfather, and believe that he will grant you your wish? If that's the case, you really are pathetic."

"I don't want you to assume my future. Just tell me the price you want for deleting this video, for I'm aware that you wouldn't find me for this first if I wasn't of any help to you. So, spill now," I told him.

I might have tried to become brave and fearless in front of him, but from inside, I was terrified. Terrified of Harmony's reputation, of her future, of her belief in me..... of everything. This was never supposed to happen. I didn't plan to come back and instantly fall in love with an innocent girl who's only fault is that she's born in a family of lower class royalty. I didn't want to marry someone of my grandfather's choice, and I certainly didn't want to deceive the public by getting into this marshy situation.

But, what was done was done, and I couldn't let this get the better of me in any way. If the public somehow came to know about it, it will be over for me as a prince, or even the member of the royal family, and I don't even want to think what would happen to Harmony. But one thing was sure, that I wouldn't let go of her, no matter what. I could never let go of her, because she is the most precious thing to enter my life, and I won't lose her for anything in this world.

"No wonder you're next in line, you do have some brains. But what I want from you is simple, very simple. I think you can definitely do this without missing a beat," He said with another one of his stupid laugh, clearly enjoying my discomfort and terror.

As far as I had calculated the situation, the most he would want from this would be for me to leave Harmony, as I knew all about his little crush on her. It made me sick to the core that this man thought of a future with my Harmony, my girl, and plays all sorts of dirty tricks for her to automatically fall into his lap. He was the lowest of the low, scum of the earth, and I wish I could record this and show it to my grandfather. But it would go in vain since I know he would invariably pay more attention to my affair than to the threatening and manipulation.

And if it wasn't that, then it was definitely a money matter. This man had no morals, just like his dad, and both of them do stoop as low as they can just to get an advantage, a leverage over the other person.

"What. Is. It?" I gritted my teeth, asking him the same thing again.

"Oh, it's nothing much. You just have to go to your grandfather, and tell him all about your affair. And then, according to the law, wait for his permission to marry Harmony. Otherwise, forget about any future with her. Also, don't think you can get away from this at all, because I will only give you ten days. If you fail to bring it up yourself and tell him about it in ten days, I will release this video all over the internet. Till then, good luck and good bye!"

And then he slowly dragged himself out of my study, feeling a great sense of satisfaction as he saw my clenched fists and daggers in my eyes. But I guess he didn't care, because soon, I was left alone with my demons and the mastermind was nowhere to be found.