56. t h e f i n a l w h i s p e r

"Looks like the prince is finally here

"Looks like the prince is finally here." Wyatt said those last words before going down to join his father.

'Looks like the prince is just here.... JOSIAH?!! He had finally arrived!'

I was ecstatic when I heard those words coming from his mouth, and was no longer tired or scared. He had come to save me, so now, everything was going to be okay.

"Don't give me that hideous look, you bitch. You haven't done anything special by bewitching the prince," Came the voice of another person who was tied in here, Eugene.

I had almost forgotten about her, and turned towards her to meet her hard gaze sizing me up with a sneer tainting her lips. But I couldn't understand something – why would she be tied up too, when she was one of the conspirators in my kidnapping? Was there a hidden plan inside this too?

"I will give whichever look I want to, because in the end, you're the one who lost your man, not me." I replied with an equally harsh tone.

"What? You worthless, classless insect! You ruined my life, my future, and my love, and you still dare to raise your head in front of me?! I'm not going to go easy on you. Just because the prince is here, doesn't mean that I can't kill you. You just need to sit there quietly and await your doom."

I scoffed, "Really? You still think you can take your revenge on me while you're tied up like this? Keep dreaming, girl."

Anger and betrayal invaded her pupils as I reminded her of her current position, which she seemed to have forgotten, but now, instead of taking the right path, she decided to direct all her rage towards me. Glaring at me like an animal glares at the hunter from its cage, she closed the short distance between us and pounced on me.

I shrieked out of surprise, not having expected that attack. She jumped on me while being tied to her chair, so her chair too, landed hard on my thigh and must have at least damaged the skin. I let out a cry of pain, and tried to fight back, but she was quicker and clasped her hand around a tuft of my hair, and pulled on it.

"You spineless redhead! I really shouldn't have underestimated you. You ruined me bitch, and now, I will ruin you! You will never be able to live with the prince, I will make sure of it," She said, gritting her teeth, while I struggled to get her off me.

"Get off me! What is wrong with you? Ahh!" I shouted again, as she kept pulling on my hair.

She wasn't going to listen to me, so I had to take a drastic action. I kicked her leg with all my might, and kept flailing my hands and legs in all directions, hitting her hard almost every time. She shrieked in pain too, and I don't know how long did this go on, until a booming voice came from downstairs.

I couldn't understand what that voice said, but I could definitely recognize its owner. "Josiah!!" I shouted, before gathering enough energy to stand up and run through the door towards the voice. But I wasn't successful in the least as someone caught my foot and tripped me over.