39. t h e r e u n i o n

After two insane days at Lisa's, I finally came back home

After two insane days at Lisa's, I finally came back home. It was after a long time that we three had reunited and spent time together like that. It was such a rejuvenating experience, and I came back feeling better than ever. Though I can't say that I didn't miss a certain someone, because he was on my mind half the time. I would often zone out, missing our conversations and daily musical sessions and would often find myself in a really awkward position afterwards, because one of them would be wiggling their eyebrows in the background and the other would have no idea of what's going on.

Today at three, I was to go to the main palace to teach piano to the princess. Though she is sixteen years old, I or anyone else wasn't allowed to address her by her name. Princess Claire is a bright and gorgeous girl with raven black hair and grey eyes just like her brother has. They were too similar to each other, making me wonder if they were actually twins. From all the times I have met her, she has been incredibly kind and humble, so I had a good idea of how this meeting was going to unfold.

Reaching on the other side at dot three, I was escorted by a royal helper into the grande music room. It was another dome-shaped hall on the top floor of the palace. The majestic windows were left open to let the fresh air in, while the grandeur of the room yet again, silenced me. I was in awe of the architecture, size and the I instruments kept in here.

The piano was pure white in color, with silver embellishments. It's size intimidated me for some reason. Maybe because it wasn't my property, I was actually afraid to touch it. It looked so delicate and heavenly just sitting there in all it's glory. I never wanted to use it, just sit here and watch it do its magic all day. How would it feel if Josiah was the one playing on this piano, and I would sit here and listen to him? Thinking about that immediately transported me to a fantasy, where we lived happily with each other without any fear of the society. In this fantasy, Josiah would sit here everyday and work his magic on this magical piano every morning, while I would sit next to him and lose myself in the wondrous and mellifluous notes of the instrument, which gave an impression of heaven to anyone who listened to it.

My futile paradise was shattered as I heard the door open behind me, and I turned around immediately to not get caught admiring the piano like a fool. But what– or whom I saw at the other end, was even more shocking. The subject of my dreams, the reason of my uneasiness, the only man who could make his way into my heart – Prince Josiah stood there in all his glory.

My breath got caught in my throat as I fully took him in, as it did every other time I saw him. Since it was getting warmer, he had discarded his cardigan, and was only in a black button-up shirt and matching fitted trousers. With sleeves rolled up his forearms and black hair gelled back, I could see that he was in the middle of his duties. 'Did he actually leave his work to come and see me?'

I suddenly regretted ever agreeing to that stupid sleepover. It took away my time from Josiah's company, and I had only myself to blame. Had I not gotten angry that day and acted impulsively, I would have been in the arms of this wonderful man–

"How are you now? Last time I saw you, you were seething with rage." Came a nice from in front of me.

I looked up from my daze to see that he had gotten a lot closer to me, and it was making me lose my cool, and senses of my surroundings. This untamable urge to jump in his arms and kiss him to death was asphyxiating me, and on the other hand, was the jeopardy of getting caught red-handed.

"You still don't seem too good. Did I anger you so much?" He ccontinued, still blissfully clueless of what internal turmoil I was going through.

To avoid his gaze, I looked down and answered quietly, "I- I'm fine, Josiah. I'm not angry anymore, really."

'Well, I was angry. Just not with him.'

"Are you sure? You are all red in the face and you seemed to tense up the moment you saw me enter? Are you sure everything's fine?" He pressed on, true to his stubborn nature, while I was begging him in my mind to leave me alone.

He couldn't really read my thoughts, but God could. And He definitely came to my rescue. Just at that moment, the door opened once again and in skipped a cheery Princess Claire, unaware of the tension she was walking in.

"Good after– what are you doing here brother? Weren't you working on something like ten minutes ago?" She inquired with an inquisitive, almost dubious look on her face.

As if as if she understood exactly what was going on.

My eyes widened in fear.

'Oh we are so, so dead!!'