Chapter 26

No one's POV

Oliver, Evelyn and Daphne looked at the Pensieve after having put the memory in it.

They had told Astoria to go to her room.

"Well are we just going to stand here or are we going to see what this shows to us?" Oliver asked and and the two nodded as the three of them entered the memory.

They all stood in a basement and looked around as Evelyn let out a quiet gasp.

They all turned and saw Harry chained to the chair his hair was black.

"W-Wait his hair is black." Daphne pointed out and then the sound of footsteps were heard.

"Hello freak." They turned and saw a large man holding a bloodied hammer in his hand and they saw Harry thrashing around trying to break free.

Oliver put the pieces together on what was about to happen and immediately cover Daphne's eyes.

Harry's screams were heard as well as the sounds of the hammer slamming down.

Evelyn covered her mouth as she watched in horror.

Daphne managed to part her father's fingers and what she saw made her cry.

This continued and they saw how Harry's fingers and toes were smashed beyond repair before Vernon would leave Harry.

"I-I w-will survive...." They heard Harry say as his fingers and toes began to heal which surprised Oliver and Evelyn.

The memory changed to Harry trying to break free again.

Oliver and Evelyn felt powerless after what they had seen as they had witnessed a young boy being tortured.

Daphne was crying her eyes out and what Harry endured.

They saw Vernon walk down the stairs and saw the box in his hands.

They saw Vernon with a crooked smile on his face as he took out a centipede.

"Did you know that the Chinese red headed centipede is very long and tends to like biting perhaps this will take that blasted magic out of you." Vernon said as he said as he opened the box and took out the centipede inching it closer to Harry's ear.

They watched Harry as he screamed trying to break free begging him not to but it was too late...

Evelyn held onto her husband as she shield her eyes from witnessing the sight while Oliver covered his crying daughters.

They watched as Vernon had stabbed Harry's eye and cut him, stab him and even electrocute him.

The memory moved forward and they saw Vernon torturing Harry again.

"This is all your fault but the good thing is no one will save you." Vernon said trying to break Harry's spirit but he held strong.

"MY PARENTS WOULD SAVE ME I KNOW THEY WOULD!" A ten year old Harry screamed at the leaving figure of Vernon.

Oliver and Evelyn gave pained smiles they knew if his parents had been awake they would never have let this happen and where happy Harry never hated his parents even after this.

The memory changed again and they saw Harry sitting on the chair and watched as his hair turned white.

They however didn't notice the insane smile that dawned on his face.

They once again heard Vernon coming down the stairs and prepared for the worst.

"Well freak looks like your hair has changed colours to match your freakiness." Vernon said as he moved closer but before he could do anything Harry had broken the restraints and used the chain and wrapped it around Vernon's neck before choking him tightly with his new found enhanced strength.

They where shocked at the display and yet smiled that he had broken free.

"Whats wrong uncle are you afraid?...Good." Harry said letting go and kicking his back.

Vernon's body fell to the ground as he stared at Harry in fear.

"Please I beg you show mercy." Vernon begged while Harry tilted his head and slammed the right side with his hand while the other reached for his left ear as he pulled out the centipede.

"Mercy? What does that word mean?" Harry asked with an insane smile as he grabbed on Vernon's arms ripping them off his body only to hear a cry of agony.

They all watched in amazement and disgust as they watched Harry deal with him.

The memory skipped again and they saw Harry standing outside the burning house.

The Greengrass family realised that Harry was the cause of it as they watched him walk away into the dark.

One last time the memory skipped and it showed Harry and all his time with Bellatrix.

Oliver and Evelyn where shocked at the memories they watched until it stopped and showed Harry in his Ghoul with his outfit mask included.

"From this day forward you are Bellatrix Kaneki and if you want...my adoptive mother." Harry said and they saw Bellatrix smile softly.

"Then I'd be honoured to be your mother even if through adoption Harry I know Lily will always be your mother but I will try to fill that place as best I can." Bellatrix said and Harry nodded.

The memory ended and they all left the Pensieve.

"...That boy is the bravest man I could have ever met." Oliver said after they left as Daphne immediately ran out to find Harry.

"James and Lily would be proud of their son." Evelyn said as she wiped away tears as Astoria walked into the study.

"Mum why are you crying what did you see in Harry's memory?" Astoria asked and Evelyn just smiled at her daughter.

"We saw that Harry had a bad childhood." Evelyn said to her as she hugged her daughter while Oliver silently put the memory back and wiped his eyes of tears.

Harry had been sitting outside reading a fourth year potions textbook making notes in it and scratched out when he saw something wrong and added the correct method.

Harry looked up and saw Daphne running to him and he put his textbook away and saw Daphne crash into him hugging him tightly.

Daphne cried into Harry's chest and Harry said nothing he only waited and held her close until she was able to speak again.

"I didn't know Harry I didn't know all you've been through your suffering and pain I'm so sorry Harry." Daphne said as she hiccuped a bit.

Harry wiped her tears away and looked at her.

"That is why I showed you Daphne you are my soon to be wife I don't want to have secrets from you and it's better you know the truth." Harry said and he adjusted Daphne so she was sitting on his lap with her head against his chest.

"Do you hear my heartbeat Daphne?" Harry asked and he felt Daphne nod her head.

"As long as it beats it means I'm alive and that I will always be there for you and I will always care for you Daphne you are precious to me." Harry said and Daphne nodded again.

Daphne continued to listen to his heartbeat and eventually fell asleep.

Harry looked down at her and picked her up and started walking back inside the Manor.

Harry walked back to her room and laid her down in bed and was turning to leave when he felt someone grab his arm.

"Please don't leave Harry." Daphne said and Harry nodded as he laid down in the bed next to her and she moved closer as Harry wrapped his arms around her.

"I won't leave you." Harry silently promised.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL