Chapter 13

No one's POV

Snape sat in his room looking at the memory he had taken from Harry.

"Why did I say yes to Albus about this?" He asked himself as he decided he would call McGonagall to his quarters and together they would watch the memory.

"Serverus I am here why have you called for me so late into the night?" McGonagall asked him as she entered his quarters and Snape stood up.

"It's time we solve the mystery of why Mr. Kaneki is the way he is Minerva." Snape said holding up the memory as McGonagall's eyes widened.

"Serverus why do you have that memory it is private!" McGonagall said but Snape shook his head.

"Dumbledore ordered me to take this memory from the boy I did not want to but what choice did I have." Snape said and McGonagall said before she and Snape walked to Snape's Pensieve and Snape put the memory into the liquid as it glowed blue.

In memory

Together Snape and McGonagall entered the memory and found themselves in a basement.

"Where are we?" Snape asked as he looked around but McGonagall let out a quiet gasp causing Snape to turn as his eyes widened.

They saw Harry chained to the chair still having black hair as they watched him try to break free.

"Please just break!" Harry said but stopped having heard the door closed.

Snape and McGonagall turned to see a large man enter the basement.

"Freak, what have I said about trying to break free it's no use no one can hear your cries just like no one would save you anyway." Vernon said but Harry glared at him.

"No if my parents were alive they'd save me!" Harry screamed at him but Vernon laughed.

"Your freak parents don't care about you they are dead probably to get away from such a disgrace of a son." Vernon said.

McGonagall couldn't believe what she was hearing this whale of a man telling Harry these things.

"NO YOUR WRONG MY PARENTS LOVED ME AND I TOLD YOU TO NEVER INSULT MY PARENTS YOU FAT WHALE!!" Harry yelled and to the horror of Snape and McGonagall they saw Vernon pick up a hammer.

"What is he going to do with that?" McGonagall asked afraid to know.

Then they heard screams as Vernon brought the hammer down on Harry's toes.

Snape couldn't believe what was happening as he watched.

Vernon continued bringing the hammer down on Harry's toes three times on each toe before moving to the next one only to continue the process.

Harry screamed and he tried to break his hands trying to break free.

"This is all your fault you freak that's why I'm doing this but giving you what you deserve is satisfying as well." Vernon said as he brought the Hammer down on the toes on Harry's other foot having broken all the one on Harry's left foot.

"SHUT UP!!!" Harry screamed even though he was in excruciating pain.

McGonagall had tears in her eyes watching the boy get tortured hearing his screams and cries.

Snape didn't know what to think about the situation.

The memory skipped ahead and Snape along with McGonagall stood in the same basement with Vernon holding a box.

They stepped closer to see Vernon taking out a centipede.

"Did you know the Chinese red headed centipede is venomous perhaps this will help get rid of that blasted magic." Vernon said as he inched closer to Harry who thrashed harder against his restraints screaming and begging him not to.

McGonagall closed her eyes unable to see what happened next while Snape watched in horror of what Vernon did to Harry.

The memory skipped forward again.

They saw a furious Vernon holding a knife and cutting out Harry's left eye.

McGonagall and Snape where horrified that any child has to live through this kind of extreme torture for four years.

The memory skipped forward one more time.

McGonagall and Snape looked at Harry who was sitting in the basement before watching as his hair turned white and noticing the insane smile that had appeared on his face before he held his head down.

Vernon came into the room and made a comment about Harry's hair before Snape and McGonagall watched in shock of Harry breaking free and using the chain to strangle Vernon.

"What's wrong uncle afraid?...Good." Harry said as he kicked Vernon's back making him fall to the ground.

"Please mercy I beg of you." They heard Vernon beg but Harry's insane smile stayed as he pulled out the centipede from his ear.

"Mercy? What does that word mean?" Harry said as his Kagune erupted from his back and ripped off Vernon's arm before stabbing him in the back before he cracked his finger and walked up the stairs.

Outside the memory

Snape and McGonagall left the memory.

"That boy went through so much and yet no one would assume such things happened to him." McGonagall said as Snape nodded and she could be seen visibly crying for the boy.

"Minerva we must keep what we saw between us and no one else." Snape said still trying to wrap his head around it.

"Yes Serverus we must." Minerva said as she left the room back to her own quarters.

Snape sat on his bed thinking of everything he had just seen,"How...how does he not hate humanity any person would...?"

That was the question he asked over and over again.

Harry had been laying down in his bed unable to sleep that night.

"Am I a monster for the things I've done...yes I am but if I didn't do them then what would my life have been I probably would have been dead but would anyone have cared?" Harry asked himself as he sat up.

He reached for his mask and stared at it.

"I am a Ghoul because of what humanity has done to me...I hate muggles and even wizards...well some anyway but why didn't I hate her she wasn't family, she was just a girl who walked into the train compartment with her friend so why how come first looking at her I didn't feel any hate?" He asked himself.

"Why did you make me feel happy Daphne..." He said and sighed as he took off his eyepatch.

"Why...why do I enjoy being around you? Why do I want to talk to you about everything it makes no sense? Why did you become my friend? Why can't I imagine my life without you?" Those were the questions Harry asked himself as he put the mask down back in its place.

He laid back down unknown that Daphne stood outside his door hearing everything and silently went back to hers.

"I enjoy being around you as well Harry, you are a good person Harry and I can't imagine mine without you either." Daphne silently said as she laid down and went to sleep as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL