Chapter 78

No one's POV

They turned to Kyle who looked at the poster.

"Huh?" Jessie asked confused.

"That is Qin Shi Huang, the Chinese Seeker." Kyle said as he looked at him.

"How can he be a Seeker if he wears that blindfold on his face?" Hermione asked and Kyle turned to him.

"Just because he wears a blindfold does not mean that he cannot still see." Kyle said.

There was already a small queue for the tap in the corner of the field.

Harry, Kyle, Hermione and Jessie joined it, eight behind a man who were having a heated argument.

One of them was a very old wizard who was wearing a long flowery nightgown.

The other was clearly a Ministry wizard, he was holding out a pair of pinstriped trousers and almost crying with exasperation.

"Just put them on, Archie, there's a good chap, you can't walk around like that, the Muggle on the gate's already getting suspicious-"

"I bought this in a Muggle shop." The old wizards said stubbornly.

"Muggles wear them."

"Muggle women wear them, Archie, not the men, they wear these." The Ministry wizard said.

"I'm not putting them on." The old Archie said in indignation.

"I like a healthy breeze around my privates, thanks."

Hermione was overcome with a strong fit of giggles at this point that she had to duck out of the queue, and only returned when Archie had collected his water and moved away again.

Walking more slowly now, because of the weight of the water, they made their way back through the campsite.

Here and there they saw more familiar faces: other Hogwarts students with their families.

Oliver Wood, the old captain of Jessie's house Quidditch team, who had just left Hogwarts, dragged Jessie over to his parents' tent to introduce her while Harry followed considerimg whether or not to beat Oliver for touching his sister.

Next they were hailed by Ernie Macmillan, a Hufflepuff fourth-year, and a little further they saw Cho Chang, a very pretty girl who played Seeker on the Ravenclaw team.

She waved and smiled at Harry, who merely gave a nod back in response before turning away.

Kyle then pointed to a large group of teenagers he had never seen before.

"Who d'you reckon they are?" Kyle asked.

"They don't go to Hogwarts do they?"

"I think they are from a foreign school, it would make sense that there are others."

They all continued to walk until they reached the tents once more.

"You've been ages." George said, when they finally got back to the Weasleys' tent.

"We met a few people." Harry said, setting the water down.

"You haven't gotten the fire started yet?"

"Dad's having fun with the matches." Fred said.

Mr. Weasley was having no success at all in lighting the fire, but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Splintered matches littered the ground around him, but he looked as though he was having the time of his life.

"Oops!" He said, as he managed to light a match and promptly dropped it in surprise.

"Come here, Mr. Weasley." Hermione said kindly, taking the box from him, and starting to show him how to do it properly.

At last, they got the fire lit, though it was at least another hour before it was hot enough to cook anything.

There was plenty to watch while they waited, however.

Their tent seemed to be pitched right alongside a kind of thoroughfare to the pitch, and Ministry members kept hurrying up and down it, greeting Mr. Weasley cordially as they passed.

Mr. Weasley kept up a running commentary, mainly for Harry, Kyle and Hermione's benefit, his own children knew too much about the Ministry to be greatly surprised.

Harry however wasn't listening as he focused more on reading and writing in Kaneki's journal with Daphne reading with him.

At last, the fire was ready, and they had just started cooking eggs and sausages when Bill, Charlie and Percy came strolling out of the woods towards them.

"Just Apparated, Dad." Percy said as he greeted them.

"Looks like we're just in time for lunch."

They were halfway through their plates of sausages and eggs when Mr. Weasley jumped to his feet, waving and grinning at a man who was striding towards them.

"Aha!" He said.

"The man of the moment! Ludo!"

Ludo Bagman was easily the most noticeable person Harry had seen so far, even including old Archie in his flowered nightdress.

He was wearing long Quidditch robes in thick horizontal strips of bright yellow and black.

An enormous picture of a wasp was splashed across his chest.

He had the look of a powerful built man gone slightly to seed, the robes were stretched tightly across a large belly he surely had not had in the days he had played Quidditch for England.

His nose was squashed

'Probably broken by a stray bludger.' Harry thought.

But his round blue eyes, short blond hair and rosy complexion made him look like an overgrown schoolboy.

"Ahoy there!" Bagman called happily.

He was walking as though he had springs attached to the balls of his feet, and was plainly in a state of wild excitement.

"Arthur, old man." He puffed, as he reached the campfire.

"What a day, eh? What a day! Could we have asked for more perfect weather? A cloudless night coming...and hardly a hiccough in the arrangements...not much for me to do!"

Behind him, a group of haggard-looking Ministry wizards rushed past, pointing at the distant evidence of some sort of a magical fire which was sending violet sparks twenty feet into the air.

Mr. Weasleys introduced everyone as Bagman did the smallest of double-takes when he heard Harry and Jessie's name.

"Everyone." Mr. Weasley continued.

"This is Ludo Bagman, you know who he is, it's thanks to him we've got such good tickets-"

Bagman beamed and waved his hand as if to say it had been nothing.

"Fancy a flutter on the match, Arthur?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL