Chapter 64

No one's POV

The holidays had come and gone, they were now in full swing of exams.

Harry was sitting in his room as he studied a bit.

At this point it was all things he already knew but he read through them just as a means to remember them.

Daphne had walked into his room and sat down on his bed holding her textbooks in hand as she began to study with him.

This was something they were used to as the other would walk in and begin studying with the other without a word.

Occasionally there was small talk between the two but when they were studying it was absolute silence until they were done.

"I'm a bit worried about Hermione." Daphne said and Harry looked at her.

"Do you want me to check on her?" He asked and Daphne nodded.

"I already talked to Jessie about this and she said she tried but Hermione wouldn't budge...and you are the most persuasive person I know." She said and Harry raised an eyebrow.

"You mean intimidating?" Harry asked and Daphne shrugged.

"The same thing if you think about it." She said and Harry gave a small chuckle but nodded.

"I'll talk to her." Harry said as he stood up and Daphne looked at him.

"Are you going now?" She asked and Harry nodded.

"We just finished the Potions exam so the worst of the exams is out of the way so I'll take the moment and go see what's wrong." Harry said as he walked away.

Harry was walking through the halls before he stopped for a moment and thought about where she would be.

He realised the most obvious place would be the library and went there first.

He entered the library and walked around for a bit before he came across a desk that was filled with books along some hair standing up on the other end.

Harry walked around the desk and came across a sleeping Hermione who had her face on a book.

Looking closer Harry could see the obvious lack of sleep that was shown from the bags on her eyes.

Shaking his head, Harry shook her gently as she bolted up right and looked at Harry.

"Harry?" She asked as he vision took some time to adjust and Harry nodded.

"Come with me." Harry said and helped her up gently.

"But I have to study." Hermione said but Harry shook his head.

"These books will still be here by the time we get back, all I ask is that you take a walk with me." Harry said as he motioned for her to follow him.

Hermione glanced at her study materials before she sighed and followed him.

Harry walked out of the library and began to walk through the hall.

"As I found you I noticed that you had textbooks for every subject...being honest with you I don't see the point in studying for subjects I am not taking but then I realised something..." Harry said as he looked at her.

"I've noticed you in every subject I was in and when I asked Davis and Kyle as well as my sister, they saw in in subjects I was not in but neither should you have been so I'll give you the moment to explain." Harry said.

Hermione's eyes widened as she looked at him.

Harry stopped and turned to her waiting for her to explain.

There was a silence between the two before Hermione looked at the ground.

She explained that she had gotten a time-turner from McGonagall in order to take every subject and do all the exams for them.

Harry raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"Your overworking yourself." Harry said and Hermione nodded.

"But I need to work hard." She said and Harry shook his head.

"No you don't, Hermione you have to rest and drop some of the subjects you are taking." Harry said and Hermione shook her head.

"I can't."

Harry looked at her for a moment as his eye scanned before he sighed.

"You don't have to prove anything to anyone." Harry said and Hermione looked at him.

"You are an exceptional wizard who is as good as any pureblood wizard and most likely better, even though there might be some that are better than you don't think of it as yourself being inferior rather think of it as a driving force so that you can become much better and hope to surpass them but the way you are going now...this will only lead to stress and problems and I tell you this because we are worried about you Hermione... we're your friends and we care for your well being." Harry said.

Harry heard something dripping as he looked around before his eyes landed on Hermione, she was crying.

Harry had thought he had said something out of line before Hermione walked over and hugged him.

Harry sighed as he gently rubbed her back and let her stay like that for a few moment before she pulled away and wiped her eyes.

"T-Thanks Harry." Hermione said and Harry nodded.

"Now go return that time-turner to McGonagall and drop some of the subjects you are taking and besides." Harry said with a small grin.

"Divination always was a rather nonsensical subject." Harry said and Hermione gave a small laugh and nodded her head.

"I can't argue with that." She said and Harry chuckled.

"Well then, let's go..." Harry trailed off before he looked around.

He had heard something, it was a scurrying noise but Harry knew Hogwarts would never have such a problem like a rodent infestation.

"Hermione...go without me...I'll catch up with you." Harry said as his ear twitched.

It was growing feinter but Harry still heard it and began to follow it as he turned into his snake form and slithered after it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL