Chapter 90

No one's POV

They got down to the kitchen as Harry checked the time.

"We can't stay." Harry said and Daphne nodded.

"My parents and Harry's mother wanted to see us off at the station." Daphne said as she turned to Mrs Weasley who had been rummaging through dresser drawers moments ago for a pen.

"Oh you'll have to wait, Arthur is speaking with someone from the Ministry at the fireplace." Mrs Weasley said.

"No need."

Technoblade was leaning against the entrance to the kitchen as he smiled standing upright.

"I'm here to take them back to Greengrass Manor, as a favour to Harry's mother." He said as he walked over to Harry and Daphne.

"Come on you two, let's get you both out of here." Technoblade said but this only brought about confusion to the two.

"We're ready but why are you the one picking us up?" Harry asked and Technoblade coughed as he looked away.

"Uuuuh...I'll explain later." He said before he Disapparated with the two as they now stood before Bellatrix.

"Hello you two."  Bellatrix said with a smile as she gave the two a quick hug.

"Mum, why did Technoblade come to pick us up?" Harry asked curiously and Bellatrix gave a small giggle shaking her head.

"Oh it's nothing." She said before motioning them to follow.

"Come on, you're things are already packed and Astoria is a bit impatient to get going." Bellatrix said and they nodded.

TimeSkip

They were sitting on the train as it had just began moving as they had said goodbye to their parents.

"Hello everyone." Draco greeted as he walked into the compartment sitting down next to Keith.

"It's nice to meet you Draco, glad you are alright after what happened at the tournament." Kyle said and Draco nodded.

"Thanks."

They passed the time talking for a bit before Draco remembered something.

"You know, my father actually considered sending me to Durmstrang rather than Hogwarts because he knows the headmaster, you know his opinion of Dumbledore." Draco said with an annoyed sigh as he rubbed his head.

"I'm just glad my mother didn't want me to go because I'd most likely lose my bloody mind, going there."

"Durmstrang is another wizarding school correct?" Harry asked.

"Yes." Hermione said.

"And it's got a horrible reputation, according to An Appraisal of Magical Education in Europe, it puts a lot of emphasis on the Dark Arts."

"Well knowing some of the Dark Arts is quite useful." Harry said as he glanced out the window.

The rain became heavier and heavier as the train moved further north.

The sky was dark and the windows so steamy that the lanterns were lit by midday.

"I'm surprised by the weather, since it's still technically summer." Jessie said as she looked out the window as well.

"Well weather is quite unpredictable when it wants to be." Kyle said as he closed his eyes.

"Oh, that reminds me." Jessie said as she turned to all of them.

"I heard from my mum, that Technoblade was seeing Tonks."

Everyone looked at her in surprise when they heard that.

"I never thought of them being together." Hermione said before she smiled.

"Though I hope they are happy together."

They talked about it for a bit before the lunch trolley came rattling along the corridor as Jessie bought a large stack of cauldron cakes for them to share.

Several of their friends looked in on them as the afternoon progressed which was Ginny, Keith, Luna and Haise.

"Wait!" Malfoy said as he sat up getting the attention of everyone.

"I remember now!"

"Remember what Draco?" Harry asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"I heard my father talking about something happening at Hogwarts." Draco said smiling a bit.

"If this is your way of building suspense please hurry." Daphne said crossing her arms before Draco nodded.

"Right Right, it's the Triwizard Tournament." Draco said.

"What's a Triwizard Tournament?" Kyle asked.

"It's when Hogwarts competes with Durmstrang and Beauxbatons it's a series of events that are had between a selected wizard from each school." Jessie explained and Draco nodded.

"And this time, it's being hosted at Hogwarts." Draco said leaning back against his seat.

"That means that both schools will be coming to Hogwarts."

After that they enjoyed the rest of the trip in a comfortable silence before they changed into their school robes as the Hogwarts Express slowed down at last.

And finally, it stopped in the pitch-darkness of Hogsmeade station.

As the train doors opened, there was a rumble of thunder overhead.

Harry took Daphne's hand as he looked at the rain that was now coming down so thick and fast that it was as though buckets of ice-cold water were being emptied repeatedly over their heads.

"Hi, Hagrid!" Jessie yelled, seeing a gigantic silhouette at the far end of the platform.

"All righ', Jessie, Harry?" Hagrid bellowed back, waving.

"See yeh at the feast if we don' drown!"

First-years traditionally reached Hogwarts castle by sailing across the lake with Hagrid.

"Oooh, I wouldn't fancy crossing the lake in this weather." Hermione said fervently, shivering as they inched slowly along the dark platform with the rest of the crowd.

A hundred horseless carriages stood waiting for them outside the station.

Harry, Daphne, Hermione and Keith climbed into one of them as the door shut with a snap and a few moments later, with a great lurch, the long procession of carriages was rumbling and splashing its way up the track towards Hogwarts castle.

TimeSkip

Through the gates, flanked with statues of winged boars, and up the sweeping drive the carriages trudled, swaying dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale.

Leaning against the window, Keith could see Hogwarts becoming nearer, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain.

Lightning flashed across the sky as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL