Valentine's Day Confessions

You let out a prolonged breath as you look down at the heart-shaped box of chocolates sitting on your bed. You gulp harshly in an effort to swallow down your frayed nerves. 

'Today is the day. I have to do this today. I have to tell him,' You find yourself thinking to yourself over and over again.

You and Kurapika have been friends for quite some time now, and you had developed feelings for the stubborn man somewhere along the way. Of course, he has no idea about this and being as busy as he usually is, you can't bring yourself to tell him how you feel. 

That all ends today. On the accursed Valentine's day. 

Truthfully, you weren't excited for today, but you had told yourself that this was your best chance to tell him. You and Kurapika have plans to meet up for lunch today and as lunchtime grows closer, you can't help but feel even more anxious. You let out a sigh before tucking the box of chocolates away in your bag and walking out the door.

You find yourself standing in front of the cafe you agreed to meet up with the blonde-haired man at, scanning the area for any sign of him. You check the time on your cellphone again, reaffirming the fact that yes, he is indeed running late.

'Maybe something came up? Should I just go home?' You think to yourself as you turn and think about whether you should head home or not.

A voice coming from behind you quickly changes your mind, "(Y/N), I am so sorry for being late. Unfortunately, I have brought a guest along with me."

You turn back around to face him, finding Leorio to be standing next to him, "Oh, don't worry about it. It's not a big deal." 

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Leorio greets you with a huge smile and a small wave, "I hope it's okay that I tagged along! I'm starving!"

"It's good to see you again, Leorio! I don't mind at all. The more the merrier," You reply with a smile on your face, although it's slightly forced. 'How will I tell Kurapika how I feel now? Maybe it's just not meant to happen.'

"My apologies, (Y/N). He was acting extraordinarily stubborn, so I was unable to say no to his request," He explains to you, walking ahead of Leorio to stand closer to you. He offers you a small smile as he motions to the front doors of the cafe, "Should we get a table?"

You can't help but smile in response to this and nod happily, "Yes, that's a good idea."

You follow Kurapika inside with Leorio trailing behind you both. You sit across from Leorio and Kurapika at the table whilst you look over the different options on the menu in front of you. You can't seem to take your mind off of your worries for long enough to decide what you want to eat. 

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Kurapika's worried voice pulls you out of your thought induced trance and your attention falls on him instead, "You've been awfully quiet. Has something happened?"

As always, Kurapika can read you so well. You shake your head at this, offering him a nervous smile, "I'm fine, don't worry about me. I was just lost in thought."

He hums in thought, seemingly hesitant to believe you before saying, "...Okay, I truly hope that is the case."

"You should tell us if something is wrong, (Y/N)!" Leorio exclaims, much to Kurapika's annoyance, "We want to help you!"

"She said that she is fine, Leorio. Don't push her."

Leorio has a sad look on his face after hearing this and nods in agreement, "You're right. Sorry, (Y/N)."

"It's completely fine,"  You say, picking up your menu to hide your face, "What are you two going to order?"

Each of you orders a meal and you all chat happily while eating. A few hours pass by before Kurapika decides that it's getting late and the three of you should probably get going. After the bill is paid, you walk out of the building behind your two close friends.

"It was great hanging out guys but I have to finish studying. I'll see you both later!" He waves at you both before running off to his car.

Kurapika is about to protest, but shuts his mouth instead, mumbling, "I suppose I will just walk home." You let out a chuckle at this, prompting Kurapika to turn towards you with a smile on his face, "I hope that you still had a good time, (Y/N)."

"Mhm! It wasn't exactly what I expected but I still had fun," Comes your reply to him.

His expression falls slightly after hearing your response, "Yes, well, I did not intend on bringing Leorio along. He kept complaining about being alone on Valentine's day and begged to come with us, therefore, I couldn't stop myself from saying no to him."

"I completely understand. Don't stress about it." Your voice is warm as you reassure him.

"A day alone with you would have been much preferred," He divulges to you with a soft smile on his face, "I'm very glad that he did not try to stick around with us."

You find yourself nodding along with this, earning a soft chuckle from the Kurta, "Truth be told, I have a question that I've been meaning to ask you."

"A question?"

"I was going to ask during lunch, but unfortunately things did not go as I had planned," He opens up his suit jacket slightly and reaches into the pocket, pulling out a singular red rose. Much to your surprise, he kneels down on one knee and gently takes one of your hands in his, "I apologize if this isn't much,(Y/N), but I wished to ask you if you would like to be my valentine."

You're speechless by his actions and words, your cheeks already beginning to overheat. 

After a few moments of silence, Kurapika speaks up again, "It is completely fine if you would like to say no. I have never asked anyone to be my valentine before so I was unsure if this was the best way to ask you."

"Why would I say no to you when I was planning on asking you the same thing?" You reply to him with a bashful smile on your face, "I would love to be your valentine, Kurapika. I was just so surprised that you asked me."

He lets out a breath of relief as you take the rose that he was holding out for you. As he stands back up, you take out the heart-shaped box of chocolates and hold it out for him, "I was planning on telling you about my feelings for you during lunch today," You avert your eyes from him, obviously feeling very flustered, "I have feelings for you, Kurapika, and I would love for you to be my valentine."

He is surprised by your confession but after a moment the corners of his lips curve upwards to form a smile, "I feel the same way, (Y/N). I want nothing more than to be your valentine."

You let out a long breath at his words and turn back towards him with a smile, noting the pink tint covering his cheeks, "That was a lot easier than I expected."

Kurapika chuckles at your words, and nods along with this, "Yes, I wholly agree, although it's a shame that Leorio had to ruin our plans. I should have expected as much from him."

"I'd say our plans worked out even better than we thought," You point out to him happily, carefully placing your hand in his.

He can't help but agree with you as he interlaces his fingers with yours, "Perhaps we should have dinner together? Just the two of us this time."

You fervently nod in agreement to this, "Yes, please."

Kurapika smiles widely at your response to this, taking a step closer towards you, "It seems like we have a lot to talk about," He brings your hand up to his lips, pressing a delicate kiss to the back of it, "I am so grateful to have met you. I truly adore you. Happy Valentine's day, (Y/N)."