Drunk Confessions

"Kurapika, are you coming to the party?" Leorio wonders, cell phone pressed to his ear, "Gon and Killua are already here, and I think (Y/N) is on her way."

"I'll be there shortly." Comes Kurapika's voice through the speaker, "I'm just finishing up some work."

"Ok, good. Wouldn't want you to miss my birthday party!" Leorio emphasizes the word birthday, also adding, "And dont forget my gift."

Kurapika sighs at his friends behavior, "I wont. I'll message you when I'm on my way."

"See you soon buddy!" He hangs up the phone and looks down at Killua and Gon, who are watching him, "He said he's going to be on his way soom."

"Finally," Killua starts, seemingly annoyed, "And where's (Y/N)?"

Just as he says this, a cab pulls up to the curb, a familiar figure stepping out of the car. "Hey guys!" You wave to them as you walk towards them, a gift bag for Leorio in one hand. "Sorry that I'm a little late."

Leorio quickly brushes you off, "You're not late, but Kurapika is going to be."

"Oh I see," you start, thoughts of the Kurta running through your mind, "Busy as always."

A loud rumbling sound frightens you, Gon smiles innocently and apologizes, "Sorry, I haven't eaten yet today.."

"Let's go get a table," Killua says, already walking towards the entrance to the restaurant, "Kurapika can meet us inside."

Gon rushes to catch up to him, while you and Leorio walk behind him. Once seated, the waitress takes your drink orders and asks if anyone wants appetizers. Everyone agrees on a few of them, and you all continue to talk and catch up.

"So, Gon says, 'This frog wouldnt hurt me, we're friends now.' But then the thing nearly swallowed him whole!" Killua explains, laughing, much to Gon's dismay.

"You always say crazy stuff, too, Killua!" Gon sticks his tongue out at him.

"Here are your drinks," The waitress announces herself as she sets everyone's ordered drinks in front of them, "I'll be back with your appetizers." She bows and walks away.

Leorio observes your drink for a moment, before asking, "Are you gonna drink any alcohol? You're of age right?"

"I'm of age," you explain, a hesitant look on your face, "But I'm kind of a lightweight..."

"Come on. (Y/N)!" Your friend encourages you, slapping your back, "Just have one or two drinks, I'll pay!!"

You raise an eyebrow at him, "But why?"

"Drinking alone is boring.." He pouts at you, "And it's my birthday."

You let out a defeated sigh, "Fine, I'll drink a little bit."

When the waitress brings back your appetizers, Leorio orders you a drink and promises that it's not strong at all. She brings the drink back momentarily later, and you take a small sip, surprised that it actually doesn't taste like alcohol at all.

"Hey, this is actually pretty good, Leorio!" You exclaim, surprised that he would actually pick out a good drink.

An hour passes by, and you've had a lot more than a few drinks, your words slurring together now, and everyone looking fuzzy. Leorio is pretty tipsy as well, enabling you to drink more than you should. Gon and Killua watch in surprise of how quickly you're downing each drink.

"I'm sure this wont end well," Killua whispers to Gon, who only laughs and scratches the back of his head.

"I apologize for being late everybody," Kurapika approaches the table, his suit jacket draped over his arm, "I hope you weren't waiting long?"