Drunk Confessions (Part Two)

"Why don't we talk about last night?"

You lower the tv remote, setting it back down on the coffee table. You turn towards him slowly, your head still pounding like crazy. "What about last night? Did something happen..?"

"You cannot remember a thing from last night, can you?" The Kurta questions you, unsurprised by your response, but still feeling disappointed.

You shake your head in response, "Sorry, everything from last night is really blurry. Leorio gave me one drink and then it turned into ten." You watch him as you speak, now wondering, "Wait, why are you here?"

Kurapika lets out a chuckle at your sudden realization that he had stayed the night at your apartment, "I helped you get home last night. You were much too drunk to go home alone."

"Oh, thank you. I appreciate that," You start, scratching the back of your head, sheepishly, "I don't drink very often."

"That was vey obvious. You told me many different things last night," Kurapika explains to you, trying to work up the nerve to tell you how you kissed him and confessed your feelings for him.

You rub your temples, trying to will away your intense headache, "Did I..? What did I say? Was it embarrassing?"

Kurapika can't stop the corner of his lips from perking up into a subtle smile, "It was interesting to say the least."

"That really worries me. Was it that bad?" You question him, trying your hardest to remember anything from last night.

"No, not at all. Although, I do have a question for you." 

"Hmm? What is it?" You ask him, afterwards taking a drink out of the glass of water you had poured for yourself this morning.

It's safe to say that you are completely unprepared for the question he's about to ask you. The Kurta himself also feels a little unprepared, "Do you have feelings for me, (Y/N)? You told me that you did when I brought you home last night."

You nearly spit out your water in shock, swallowing it harshly. You cheeks are flushed dark red, and you're speechless for several moments, before stammering out, "I said that..?" Kurapika nods to this, and you look away from him, feeling very flustered, "It's true. I do have feelings for you. But I never wanted to tell you like that. That's really embarrassing.." 

His smile grows larger, and he finds himself thinking about how cute you look when you're so flustered. "I am glad that you told me. Surely, you understand that I feel the same way about you. I did not want to tell you I felt the same until you were sober."

"R-really??" You turn to face him again, your lips parted in shock, "You really feel the same way?"

Kurapika offers you a short nod in return, "Of course I do. How could I not? I enjoy every second that I spend with you. I was overjoyed when you told me how you felt, but I assumed that perhaps you didn't mean what you said, since you were not sober."

"I'm sorry, Kurapika. I really didn't want you to find out like that," You feel a little sad since you can't recall everything that you said to him, "Did I even make any sense?"

"Yes, you were pretty coherent," He starts, vividly remembering the conversation you both had last night on this very couch, "However, I need to apologize to you."

You perk up an eyebrow at this, watching him curiously, "For what?"

"When you were drunk, you did not want to leave my side, and you kept asking why I never return your messages. I apologize for that, and I also apologize for not being able to pull myself away from you when you kissed me."